Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

3 hours ago, KJT123 said:

Translate: Aston Villa has made attempts for Gary Cahill. John Terry had a deal with Aston Villa when he left Chelsea.

Nice idea, but I doubt he would drop down a division to return to us.  

8 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I can’t see Chelsea allowing Cahill to leave on loan. They've got Rudiger, Christensen, Luiz and Cahill as CBs, so surely they’d want all four to ensure adequate cover. 

They also have Azpilicueta who is playing right back since they have so many center backs. 

I mentioned him on here a few times before he moved from Gillingham to Blackburn a few years back (£750k in the end)

But Bradley Dack would be a good signing in January if we could somehow get rid of Lansbury, Gardner (perm) and a few others. Dack is being linked with move to Leicester now and Leeds showing interest.

4 in 4 this season!

Why we didn't go for him at £750k from Gillingham a few years back i will never know.

Here's my original post:

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I mentioned him on here a few times before he moved from Gillingham to Blackburn a few years back (£750k in the end)

But Bradley Dack would be a good signing in January if we could somehow get rid of Lansbury, Gardner (perm) and a few others. Dack is being linked with move to Leicester now and Leeds showing interest.

4 in 4 this season!

Why we didn't go for him at £750k from Gillingham a few years back i will never know.

Here's my original post:

I was the one who liked that original post back then. That was a very decent shopping list wasn't it. ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, John said:

I was the one who liked that original post back then. That was a very decent shopping list wasn't it. ?

I think so but most wouldn't have cost us a lot at all ;) and would have made us a small fortune back.

Have done this a number of times on here predicting players before they become more well known including one Hakim Ziyech who i saw for first 8 games of his career at Heerenveen. I emailed Paul Lambert as he was available for £2.5mil at the time and i was blocked next time i went to email him about another player.

Saw a young unknown Juninho at Villa Park against Sweden for Brazil. Wrote a letter to Doug Ellis saying how good he was as was available at the time for a low fee. We went for him 5/6 years down the line when he was leaving Atletico.

This is one of the reasons i got into scouting a year ago. As was told by people over years my predictions have been on the money so thought scouting? why the hell not and went for it lol!!

I knew about Mark Delaney at Cardiff year before we signed him after he was getting rave reviews after signing from Carmarthen Town  so watched him and he was brilliant we signed him a while after and also Shaun Teale at Bournemouth as i went watch Bournemouth game in 1989 and he was immense.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, John said:

League 1 Team of The Year that season. Egan was someone else i mentioned in other thread. Don't rate most of the other players in there. (Part from Egan, Henry, Dack, Sawyers, Grigg.. Armstrong is OK but had a good season then) Reece Wabara is strange one as had a lot of potential back then and been on a free for over a year aged 26 now.

• GK - Jon McLaughlin (Burton Albion)
  • RB - Reece Wabara (Wigan Athletic)
  • CB - John Egan (Gillingham)
  • CB - Craig Morgan (Wigan Athletic)
  • LB - Rico Henry (Walsall)
  • Mid - Bradley Dack (Gillingham)
  • Mid - Romaine Sawyers (Walsall)
  • Mid - Mark Duffy (Burton Albion, on loan from Birmingham City)
  • Mid - Yanic Wildschut (Wigan Athletic)
  • CF - Adam Armstrong (Coventry City, on loan from Newcastle Utd)
  • CF - Will Grigg (Wigan Athletic)
Edited by Villan4Life

7 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I think so but most wouldn't have cost us a lot at all ;) and would have made us a small fortune back.

Have done this a number of times on here predicting players before they become more well known including one Hakim Ziyech who i saw for first 8 games of his career at Heerenveen. I emailed Paul Lambert as he was available for £2.5mil at the time and i was blocked next time i went to email him about another player.

Saw a young unknown Juninho at Villa Park against Sweden for Brazil. Wrote a letter to Doug Ellis saying how good he was as was available at the time for a low fee. We went for him 5/6 years down the line when he was leaving Atletico.

This is one of the reasons i got into scouting a year ago. As was told by people over years my predictions have been on the money so thought scouting? why the hell not and went for it lol!!

I knew about Mark Delaney at Cardiff year before we signed him after he was getting rave reviews after signing from Carmarthen Town  so watched him and he was brilliant we signed him a while after and also Shaun Teale at Bournemouth as i went watch Bournemouth game in 1989 and he was immense.

mate you cant be any worse at picking players than the people weve had running the scouting the last 5-6 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Papers saying Cahill has snubbed a move abroad and want's to stay and fight for his chance at Chelseas.

And if that fails, where then will you go? Will you risk a more dangerous road?

Relaterad bild

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, sne said:

Papers saying Cahill has snubbed a move abroad and want's to stay and fight for his chance at Chelseas.

And if that fails, where then will you go? Will you risk a more dangerous road?

Relaterad bild

I'd love us try for Serdar Tasci on a free! feeling he could a very good pick up

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I'd love us try for Serdar Tasci on a free! feeling he could a very good pick up

Haven't seen him play since his Stuttgart days but he was good back then.

Pretty sure he could also play RB?

14 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I knew about Mark Delaney at Cardiff year before we signed him after he was getting rave reviews after signing from Carmarthen Town

I know it's not the most tidily constructed sentence ever but the pedant in me wants to point out Delaney was only at Cardiff for 8 months :thumb:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I know it's not the most tidily constructed sentence ever but the pedant in me wants to point out Delaney was only at Cardiff for 8 months

Fair enough but did watch him at Cardiff before we signed him apologies was late last night lol.

• Like 1

Â