Jump to content

Transfer Window Summer 2018


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, John said:

I see Pontus Jansson has been warming the bench at Leeds so far this season. We could use a central defender like him. I know Leeds are unlikely to want to help a promotion rival but how about a cheeky loan enquiry for him and even for their young left back Tom Pearce who has been sitting on their bench alongside him since they signed Barry Douglas? You don't know for sure unless you ask...;)   

My friend is a big Leeds fan, we have money on who will finish higher the last 2 seasons, Pontus is their best player according to him and is easing back from injury I believe.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

If we're running out of loans I would go for a free transfer option at CB. I know people have mentioned Diego Reyes and Robert Huth, and I've also seen that Serdar Tasci is out of contract, who is meant to be good. I just think we are better using the loan window to sign a striker as the quality of ST currently out of contract is pretty poor, whereas we could always pick up an experienced CB if needed after the loan window shuts.

If only we could think of another free option.....................

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John said:

I see Pontus Jansson has been warming the bench at Leeds so far this season. We could use a central defender like him. I know Leeds are unlikely to want to help a promotion rival but how about a cheeky loan enquiry for him and even for their young left back Tom Pearce who has been sitting on their bench alongside him since they signed Barry Douglas? You don't know for sure unless you ask...;)   

Just the sort of player we need imo.

Not that I think we'll be poaching players off Leeds right now!

But him and Saiz are mint.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Visiting Supporter
1 hour ago, John said:

I see Pontus Jansson has been warming the bench at Leeds so far this season. We could use a central defender like him. I know Leeds are unlikely to want to help a promotion rival but how about a cheeky loan enquiry for him and even for their young left back Tom Pearce who has been sitting on their bench alongside him since they signed Barry Douglas? You don't know for sure unless you ask...;)   

 

Jansson was at the world cup so only arrived back a week or so before the season started, just as he got match fit he picked up a slight back injury, hopefully he'll be back either Saturday or Tuesday.

It has been revealed this week that we have turned down a bid of £10 million for him from some Russian outfit, so I don't think he'll be loaned out.

Pearce is reserve to Douglas, Bielsa has said he wants a trim squad with 2 players for each position, again, you can ask as nicely as you like, but I think the answer will be no.

Can I interest you in Vurnon Anita ? Or if you are short a coward in midfield, Eunan O'Kane, they are both available to loan...?

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
9 minutes ago, hooter said:

 

Jansson was at the world cup so only arrived back a week or so before the season started, just as he got match fit he picked up a slight back injury, hopefully he'll be back either Saturday or Tuesday.

It has been revealed this week that we have turned down a bid of £10 million for him from some Russian outfit, so I don't think he'll be loaned out.

Pearce is reserve to Douglas, Bielsa has said he wants a trim squad with 2 players for each position, again, you can ask as nicely as you like, but I think the answer will be no.

Can I interest you in Vurnon Anita ? Or if you are short a coward in midfield, Eunan O'Kane, they are both available to loan...?

How about a straight swap for a goal scoring machine?

Keep the players we just want that bloke who designed your badge.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Visiting Supporter
1 minute ago, Nigel said:

How about a straight swap for a goal scoring machine?

Keep the players we just want that bloke who designed your badge.

I think you might struggle to find anyone willing to own up to that beauty. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hooter said:

 

Can I interest you in Vurnon Anita ? Or if you are short a coward in midfield, Eunan O'Kane, they are both available to loan...?

Straight swap for Richards and McCormack? 

I'd love to spend 5 minutes on a training ground with Bielsa and McCormack. Apparently McCormack was desperate to come back when he heard your gaffer had the lads doing 3 sessions a day. 

'3 sessions a day boss? Sounds great, I'll get the first round in'

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Visiting Supporter
14 minutes ago, av1 said:

Straight swap for Richards and McCormack? 

I'd love to spend 5 minutes on a training ground with Bielsa and McCormack. Apparently McCormack was desperate to come back when he heard your gaffer had the lads doing 3 sessions a day. 

'3 sessions a day boss? Sounds great, I'll get the first round in'

Yes, our memories of McCormack are considerably happier than yours, but few would have him back now, I'm afraid he isn't what he was, largely due to issues such as that.

He wouldn't last 10 minutes under Bielsa, and would be padlocking his gates shut by day two.

As for Richards, I'd rather have Viv than Micah...?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hooter said:

Yes, our memories of McCormack are considerably happier than yours, but few would have him back now, I'm afraid he isn't what he was, largely due to issues such as that.

He wouldn't last 10 minutes under Bielsa, and would be padlocking his gates shut by day two.

As for Richards, I'd rather have Viv than Micah...?

So your saying there's a chance? :trollface:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Visiting Supporter
19 minutes ago, av1 said:

So your saying there's a chance? :trollface:

Significantly I doubt those few are to be found in either the dugout or the boardroom, but you never know I guess. 

Edited by hooter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Good player tasci is. I mentioned him on this thread yesterday too on a free. Him or Diego Reyes is no brainier. 

With leagues starting up now you have to wonder why neither has been signed for a club

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Unfortunately with Chester, Jedi, Tuanzebe and Elphic its doubtful we will sign another.

This gamble in Jedi needs to work, or our Manc lad needs to be as good as they think he is.

Either way its strange to leave such a vital area in such flux.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Left back is the area that we vitally need to address...we surely cant go into a whole season with an ageing right back as first choice, can we? 

We were solid there last season, however that was with a Chester and Terry CB pairing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps we can try and battle Spurs for Fabio Coentrao? :D

Not wanted at Real and will be released on a free apparently.

LB who can also play CB

He is a Gestifude/Mendes player.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â