Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

You would spend 5million on a nearly 35 year old reserve keeper

Edited Zat once his age had kicked in at the last minute after pressing submit. B)

To answer your question, not really.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Edited Zat once his age had kicked in at the last minute after pressing submit. B)

To answer your question, not really.

Its ok Martin O'Neill. Give him 6 year 50k a week deal too ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Will be interesting to see where Saman Ghoddos ends up.

Apparently 2 unnamed English clubs and French side Amiens have bids for him.

At £3-4 m or so and low wages he shouldn't be completely out of our reach even with the current state of things.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

The Times state the new owners are “bullish” about getting new signings in and keeping hold of our best players. I’m not sure how we could do both to be honest, certainly couldn’t under Tony. I doubt the wage bill looks healthy either. Maybe we plan to announce new sponsors however realistically how much could that cover though? Either way doesn’t seem they are worried about FFP if the report is true. 

Really wouldn't wan't us to spend the wages it would take to get Hart here.

I don't rate him, but sure he would do an OK job at this level.

I just think it would be a terrible idea unless City subsidized something like 90% of his wages, and even then I'd be hesitant as I see him as a calamity

9 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

The Times state the new owners are “bullish” about getting new signings in and keeping hold of our best players. I’m not sure how we could do both to be honest, certainly couldn’t under Tony. I doubt the wage bill looks healthy either. Maybe we plan to announce new sponsors however realistically how much could that cover though? Either way doesn’t seem they are worried about FFP if the report is true. 

There is a precedent, last season and Wolves. It is now legitimate, for an owner to invest in a football agent via another company of theirs, and get that agent to sign top talent for minimal wages. Obviously there is money changing hands somewhere else, but it is invisible to the FA and unlikely ever to be investigated by anybody with the necessary authority to access such dealings. That's just last season's gimmick -  no doubt there are more gimmicks.

16 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Joe Hart says no league is off limits for his move away. 

Try a loan with option to buy if promoted?

Probably angling for an MLS/China semi retirement.

18 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Joe Hart says no league is off limits for his move away. 

Try a loan with option to buy if promoted?

I hooe we would put him off limits. League 2 standard these days and after more than 10 years as a pro still cant dive to his left

Edited by Zatman

12 minutes ago, Jareth said:

There is a precedent, last season and Wolves. It is now legitimate, for an owner to invest in a football agent via another company of theirs, and get that agent to sign top talent for minimal wages. Obviously there is money changing hands somewhere else, but it is invisible to the FA and unlikely ever to be investigated by anybody with the necessary authority to access such dealings. That's just last season's gimmick -  no doubt there are more gimmicks.

It’s a great idea in theory and the fact Wolves got away with it.. however I’m sure Fosun had dealings with Mendes before the Wolves takeover so they are pretty much friends. We will see what happens.

Â