Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

8 minutes ago, dukes said:

If Celtic were to lose Dembele today, is there any chance of them taking McCormack ? I know He has a connection with Rangers, but please let it be.

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be... :D

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Its not Tammy. We're signing some unknown kid from Lincoln.

Not a bad thing in itself that we are looking in that league. Plan B or C? Do we know who this kid is that we now have a link on?

1 hour ago, John said:

Not a bad thing in itself that we are looking in that league. Plan B or C? Do we know who this kid is that we now have a link on?

Yeah. Johnny Wilkes Booth.

Nah, it is Tammy Abraham. I hope.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I would've thought that the Elphick loan would've been dependent on Moukoudi coming here...doesn't seem to be the case.

Bizarre. 

It sounds bizarre, but when you consider our lines ups this season i think Bruce sees 2/3 options ahead of him. Jedinak has been a mainstay this year, Bree was praised after Burton, and Axel can also play CB. 

Now we may not rates those guys, I'm just accessing it from the squads/comments so far, and it would seem that Elphick simply isn't in Bruces thoughts. 

Think our season may fall apart f we don't sign a forward and centre half. Having said that we should only sign the right players, we've had years of short term last minute deals which have caused more damage than not signing anyone would have done. 

We really are playing a game of brinkmanship here - if Elphick goes and we don't get a CB in, we're living right on the edge. Chester will have to play the whole season as if he's on a yellow card, and if he picks up an injury we're left with a player nobody but Bruce thinks is a good CB and a player that Bruce thinks can play anywhere except CB. It's a very big few hours for our season this.

• Like 2

This depth chart needs fixing:

1. Hutton-------------------Chester-----------------Jedinak-----------------Taylor
  2. Elmohamady------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  3. Tuanzabe-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  4. De Laet--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  5. Bree-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We really are playing a game of brinkmanship here - if Elphick goes and we don't get a CB in, we're living right on the edge. Chester will have to play the whole season as if he's on a yellow card, and if he picks up an injury we're left with a player nobody but Bruce thinks is a good CB and a player that Bruce thinks can play anywhere except CB. It's a very big few hours for our season this.

It's strange but just 2 signings puts a completely different slant on this squad. 

The defence scares me to death, and i don't see any of our strikers scoring enough goals. It may sound OTT, but the 2 kids we've been linked to today could be the difference between a scrap for a play-off place and serious push for the top 2.

It will be an interesting few hours. 

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This depth chart needs fixing needs fixing:

1. Hutton-------------------Chester-----------------Jedinak-----------------Taylor
  2. Elmohamady------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  3. Tuanzabe-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  4. De Laet--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  5. Bree-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed. Glen Johnson is available on a free transfer apparently. Would give us more options at RB at least.

Â