Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

20 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Reminded me about Makoun who I forgot that he’s ever played for us ?

I think its all about quality signing, Kodjia is still one of the best in this league, Im not sure wether who we will be getting would be an upgrade on him. Also the left back, we need to bring a better quality (which we aren’t asking much as its poor area).

Thats why I think the most important thing is the defender then the LB. I think we could do well and once January come we see how it goes by then.

Ah yes, the great Jean Makoun II.

Followed nicely in the foot steps of Mathieu Berson and Jordon Vereshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Assuming Moukoudi signs, then we are down to possibly only one more signing. The question is do we aim for a forward, left back, mystery option number three, or is that then end of our inward deals?

1. A forward is essential in my mind. We are lacking quality depth and reliability in that department in my opinion. I don’t want to see a repeat of last season where we had one fit striker in KD. Abraham has been linked, I think he would be a great signing for this level. I am not sure he is likely though, so it could be someone that has not been linked yet.

2. Left back, Bruce was looking into this with Bryan almost signing. Targett could be a possibility, and I think he would be an upgrade on what we have. Can we make do with what we have until January? I think we can, moreso than in the forward department.

3. Option number three is to get two more loans, both forward and left back. This would mean rotating our loanees as one would need to drop out of each match day squad. It is not out of the question that Bunn could swap in and out as reserve GK, or the younger defenders rotate. This would change in January anyway when we can make El Ghazi and Moukoudi permanent signings.

Edited by NeilS

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ah yes, the great Jean Makoun II.

Followed nicely in the foot steps of Mathieu Berson and Jordon Vereshit.

No love for Yacouba Sylla?

20 minutes ago, NeilS said:

3. Option number three is to get two more loans, both forward and left back. This would mean rotating our loanees as one would need to drop out of each match day squad. It is not out of the question that Bunn could swap in and out as reserve GK, or the younger defenders rotate. This would change in January anyway when we can make El Ghazi and Moukoudi permanent signings.

I still have no idea how we are going to be able to make El Ghazi and Moukoudi permanent signings in January ahead of our impending FFP restrictions kicking in during March.... 

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I still have no idea how we are going to be able to make El Ghazi and Moukoudi permanent signings in January ahead of our impending FFP restrictions kicking in during March.... 

Didn’t we try an buy Bryan for 6m? The money is still there ?

Well, I agree with what you’re saying and hopefully the owners know how to get around it.

6 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Aren't the permanent deals to go through at the end of the season? 

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Its a season long loan isn't it? probably doesn't have to be until the summer at a guess.

38 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I can’t say I know either to be honest, I have to hope / assume these guys know what they are doing financially. 

Maybe how they structure and account for the payments?

Alternatively that may not be an option at all, and our business may have been concluded.

Â