Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

52 minutes ago, NeilS said:

And then we unveiled bloody Marlon Harewood! ??

I was in denial for a long time about what that really said about MON’s judgment and style.  Pity we wasted Lerner’s early enthusiasm and money on smacking our heads against that glass ceiling.

• Like 1

5 loans and we effectively bring in a whole new team, im not sure if we need that.  Worse still it could lead to a destabilising period once again.

3 good additions and we would be set!

5 hours ago, Dick said:

Can we realistically bring in 5 loans? We can only use 5 in the matchday squad?

We could try squad rotation with our loan signings by selecting a maximum of 5 of those available to us for each game. It would be nice to have such an embarrassment of riches. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John said:

We could try squad rotation with our loan signings by selecting a maximum of 5 of those available to us for each game. It would be nice to have such an embarrassment of riches. :)

I'm happy for us to do so, only if it doesn't affect team balance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dick said:

I'm happy for us to do so, only if it doesn't affect team balance. 

As long as all the new loans are either RBs or GKs you've no worries on that score?

Edited by dubbs
  • Like 1

I think most fans would agree we could with a centre half, left back, winger and striker so there's 4 already. Maybe another player comes in as we loan one out. Say Adomah goes on loan and we get 2 wingers in? 

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think most fans would agree we could with a centre half, left back, winger and striker so there's 4 already. Maybe another player comes in as we loan one out. Say Adomah goes on loan and we get 2 wingers in? 

Im all for it as long as they are quality additions.  What i dont want is numbers for numbers sake.  The likes of Clark are not needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dick said:

Can we realistically bring in 5 loans? We can only use 5 in the matchday squad?

I don't think Moreira will be a starter (so no point him being on the bench), so I think we can go for 4 more loans to add to Tuanzebe. 

LB, CB, Winger, Striker

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I was in denial for a long time about what that really said about MON’s judgment and style.  Pity we wasted Lerner’s early enthusiasm and money on smacking our heads against that glass ceiling.

Same here, I think most of us were. We were all rubbing our hands thinking what world stars would rock up at VP, that was an early warning for us.

It started so well though with Carew and Young in the January, I thought that summer (which was the first summer window under Lerner) was going to be amazing. Oh what could have been with a more expansive manager.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I would take Clark. He proved to be very good at this level. 

Rafa has come out and said no chance Clark is going on loan. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Rafa has come out and said no chance Clark is going on loan. 

I think I have a man crush on Rafa. A truly wonderful man. So few words from him have made my day. 

Now what about getting Ridgewell back in? 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I think we're looking a quality over quantity

Ha! just seen John's post

Loans are hard to bring genuine quality as usually one of following

1. Young players

2. Not good enough for parent club

3. Players with attitude issues at previous club regardless of talent

4. With window closed its hard for other team to get a replacement 

31 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Same here, I think most of us were. We were all rubbing our hands thinking what world stars would rock up at VP, that was an early warning for us.

It started so well though with Carew and Young in the January, I thought that summer (which was the first summer window under Lerner) was going to be amazing. Oh what could have been with a more expansive manager.

Agreed.

And then there was Nigel Reo-Coker.  His ball control and passing makes Jedinak look like Messi!

• Like 1

I hope the reason we haven't signed anyone yet is because Bruce is looking for players of sufficient quality which will obviously take time. I guess PL clubs are still working through their squads to see if there's anyone that they could allow to go out on loan.

If we can't get Abraham in I wouldn't mind us going for Solanke at Liverpool. Got a decent U20 and U21 record and did well for Vitesse when loaned to them. Plus Klopp as said that he could be available for loan.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 3

Â