Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Fake news I suspect. Clark offers Newcastle cover and he couldn't wait to leave us for them. I can't see what's in it for Ashley in letting him join us on loan (other than perhaps getting his wages paid by us and no doubt a hefty loan fee as well) even if Ciaran actually now wanted to drop a division to return to us. I'd rather have JT back with Axel also getting his share of  games in the centre where he looks best suited so John's not expected to play two games a week at this advanced stage of his playing career. I'd ask him to have a word at Chelsea about them loaning a couple of players to us rather than to another PL club or a club in Europe whilst he's at it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

We certainly wouldn’t want someone worse than Elphick.

We would have to put some propper research into finding someone to fill that criteria! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hornso said:

No wonder we are taking our time. We have a ginormous list of central defenders to choose from if that's the case.

Exactly...that list will need some whittling down!

49 minutes ago, jim said:

Bruce was just on TS hoping for another 3 or 4 over next couple of weeks.

Great news. We do need 3 or 4 imo

Also, OT but Such a shame Johnstone went to WBA so quickly as we’d probably have signed if not.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Great news. We do need 3 or 4 imo

Also, OT but Such a shame Johnstone went to WBA so quickly as we’d probably have signed if not.

We're going to loan another 3 or 4 goalkeepers though and play the percentages game that one of them is better than Johnstone.

• Haha 2

Hope its not true we are after Hayden from Newcastle as some are reporting.  If there is anything we are ok for its central midfield, especially with Doyle Hayes trying to break through too.

In fact i dont want Clark either, always got a mistake in him, we are trying to get away from that.

Leave Newcastle alone Mr Bruce!

2 hours ago, jim said:

Bruce was just on TS hoping for another 3 or 4 over next couple of weeks.

I could have sworn he said 4 or 5 but I was bombing down the M40 at the time and may have misheard.

Â