Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Can I assume that Odegaard is really good on FIFA by the clamour for a player I have never heard of? 

Nothing to do with FIFA this one. He is/was one of the most highly rated youngsters in the world, leading to Real Madrid snapping him up, and they’ve been loaning him out for the last few seasons to develop him. Still only 19 I think, been at Madrid since 16. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I don't suppose penalties would scare Sawiris & Edens too much. In fact, maybe they are FFP-deductible?   :)

Wasnt thinking about the penalties as much as who is he going to play instead of? Grealish? McGinn? He is more of an attacking midfielder playing in the same position as Grealish. He is not a natural right winger.

Edited by Taxahunter

I really liked the look of Tom Pearce at Leeds last season. He gets forward well and is an England U21 with 2 caps but his first team chances at Leeds will be few and far between now they have signed another left back in Barry Douglas from Wolves. He's 20 years old, has made 5 first team appearances and has scored one goal (a cracker from the edge of the box having made a good run). They have him on a 4 year contract but might be willing to loan him (even to a promotion rival?) so he can get games. They might even go a loan with a buy option. It wouldn't hurt to ask in my opinion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Err that he should be fitter than old men who have just played 60 games......

He should be, he's 19 and plays about 30 games per year compared to most of them playing 60+ 

What I wrote was in response to the guy who said he read somewhere that he was lazy/had a poor work ethic in training(paraphrasing). In general Ødegaard has been known as someone who puts a lot of extra hours into his training. And a 17 year old(we were talking about when he joined the club) performing on par/out performing his senior in presasons fitness test does not exactly substantiate those rumours, quite the contrary. Even if its expected or not. My point being: those rumours are probably not true. 

And just to point out. The avrage age of the 2015 RM squad was about 26 years at the time. The most appearances made the seasons beforehand was 53 by Isco. While players such as Jese, Morata, Casemiro, Khedira, Coentrao, Nacho, Arbeloa, Varane made less then 35 apps across all competitions.  

Anyways back to topick: Ødegaard would proably suffer under the tactics thats applied under Bruce. So it might not be beneficial for him nor the club. Even though the thought of Grealish and Ødegaard linking up together could be amazing. Offensive wise. However there are other areas in the team that should be prioritized. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I got this feeling our business might be done. Seeing no real links at all. Even the ITK’s have gone quiet. 

Or am I worrying for no reason? 

I think you are worrying for no reason. I am confident that we will see some loans coming in as we have some gaps in the squad that need filling, and Bruce does like to utilise the loan market. I imagine like all transfers, we are having to wait for the pieces to fall in place for our deals to conclude.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I got this feeling our business might be done. Seeing no real links at all. Even the ITK’s have gone quiet. 

Bruce himself has said we're close to one or two deals... but our new deadline is the end of the month now, and as always things will pick up towards the cutoff point... plenty of time.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

i don't think there are ever real links. It's all bullshit, or at least 99% bullshit. Point being, I don't feel like the papers not making up a bunch of lies reflects the reality of what we're trying to do at all.

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Nothing to do with FIFA this one. He is/was one of the most highly rated youngsters in the world, leading to Real Madrid snapping him up, and they’ve been loaning him out for the last few seasons to develop him. Still only 19 I think, been at Madrid since 16. 

Real snapped him up in case he was the next Messi. Hasn’t quite worked out for him but he should still be able to rip up this league. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

We are waiting for pl teams to decide if they want some of their players so we will have to sit until end of the window.

If an established player isn’t in a PL team’s plans they also might be waiting to see if they get a bid from another European league where the window is still open, just putting them out on loan if not. So maybe a waiting game. Different with the kids they want to keep long term I guess which could happen sooner.

Vincent Janssen on loan?

I know he's had a tough time at Spurs but always liked the guy myself when was in Holland (not first striker to not do well at one club) a loan might rejuvenate him similar to Mitrovic going to Fulham last season on loan initially?

EDIT ** Just thought scrap that idea as would be dealing with Levy :D** and he wouldn't deal with us due to Grealish!

Edited by Villan4Life

48 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just saw someone linking us to Shane Long on Twitter. Hope to god we don't go in for him. Would be another Hogan.

Agreed. Completely the wrong kind of striker for the way we play. Plus he's never going to score the number of goals we will need to go up. I have no idea who is available but I guess we don't have to look exclusively in the UK for players.

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Still 15 days + Fergi/Cleverley time!.. 

Â