Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Odegaard is very inconsistant in his performances from what i've read.

I'd rather have us using our loan deals on proven quality.

Do you think a 19 year old top prodigy of his generation, owned by real madrid, who was consistently good, would be on the table?

12 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If it's loan to buy then the potential upside could be huge if he reaches anything close to his potential.  If there were no option to buy then yes I'd probably look elsewhere.

Not a chance of a loan to buy, unless it had a buy back in it.

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Is Terry ready though? As some are suggesting? 

He haven’t played nor trained for a while.

I would definitely like him around, its a long season and something need to be done soon.

Hasnt Terry signed for an eastern tv outfit?

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Interesting article on Odegaard's development and the role he plays in the team:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749432-martin-odegaard-at-19-progress-report-on-the-norwegian-prodigy

A while back I read that he had big attitude problems and star players like Ronaldo did not like him due to poor work ethic. Who knows if that's true.

Good article that @Mic09 well worth a read.  He actually sounds exactly like a young version of Snodgrass - but with much higher potential (Sorry Snods ?).  He may be a risk, but one worth taking in my eyes... do we bring back the fans favourite for one more season, or invest in someone who could be/become even better and who knows - be with us a bit longer term!

I did find one very interesting point in that article (surmised below):
An issue Odegaard faces at Heerenveen: at times, the gameplan makes him a casualty... their go-to attacking move isn’t to connect passes and work the ball forward, it’s to play longer, more hopeful balls into the channels for striker to chase... It bypasses the whole midfield, leaving the likes of Odegaard’s head whipping from left to right and watching the ball sail past him.

Let's hope Madrid don't watch our games or they won't let us anywhere near him! ?

Odegaard is exactly the kind of player we should be looking at. He could be our Neves. If there were no question marks over him at all a move here would be out of the question. He was, and still could be, one of the brightest young talents in world football.

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He’s played in the PL a bit, and was on loan at Southend 15/16. Other than that, I don’t know much about him, anyone else know much?

Seems like an attacking left back/midfielder similar to Bryan...sounds good.

Heres a bit about him.......

He is a similar player to Bryan and loves to get forward which was shown last season as he has scored six goals in eight appearances for the U23 side.

READ MO

After being a part of the Southampton academy since the age of eight, McQueen has worked his way through the age groups at the South Coast club.

He eventually forced his way through to the first team in 2014 and was on the bench for their EFL Cup final loss to Manchester United last season; however he has struggled to establish a first-team spot.

GettyImages-626802862.jpg

He also has international experience when he was called up to the England U21 squad last March, and started in their 4-0 win over Denmark.

After the game, manager Aidy Boothroyd was full of praise as he described his performance as “excellent.”

Southend United signed him on loan back in January 2016 where he made an immediate impact, as he scored his first professional goal in his second game during the Essex derby versus Colchester.

READ M

McQueen has been involved for the Saints in pre-season and even featured at right wing-back however Matt Targett has returned to the club pushing him further down the pecking order.

clicky

1 hour ago, Skruff said:

Your point being? 

Err that he should be fitter than old men who have just played 60 games......

6 hours ago, Skruff said:

There were eveb repors of him being one of the top performers on the post summer fitness test, even compared to the senior players. 

He should be, he's 19 and plays about 30 games per year compared to most of them playing 60+ 

53 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Why oh why???

Unless it is to replace Taylor then it is a pointless signing imo. We have Hutton at LB already who imo does a magnificent job in this position.

Because Taylor is utter shite and hutton is 34

• Like 1

Â