Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

12 hours ago, VERB27 said:

Curious as to how you've made this judgement?

I don't particularly rate him, but considering he hasn't featured for us much, had a very good preseason, and was rated upon his arrival, seems a bit odd to write him off.

I saw him play at Leicester. I'm a harsh critic, but he's not a player I would have signed.

• Like 1

Phillipp Wollscheid (ex Stoke player) is another player we could look at. I always thought he had potential but never quite fulfilled it at Stoke. He hasn't played in a while, but has only just turned 29 and if he can get back to his best would be a very good CB at this level.

Although it's highly unlikely, I'd like to see us try and loan a pacy DM who can sit in front of our rather slow defence and also allow for the likes of McGinn and Grealish to push forward without the fear of watching Jedinak or Whelan try to stifle a counter attack at walking speed. I agree though, we do need a CB and LB as well, and probably a striker and winger. Too much to do I think. Shame we didn't have any other LB options to sign permanently.

58 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Phillipp Wollscheid (ex Stoke player) is another player we could look at. I always thought he had potential but never quite fulfilled it at Stoke. He hasn't played in a while, but has only just turned 29 and if he can get back to his best would be a very good CB at this level.

He has barely played in 3 years. we already have Richards

Did anyone hear the commentator on tonights game saying that Bruce had been in touch with John Terry in the last few days?

It was said as a throw away comment, but makes me think if he's still in touch, is he hoping he can sway the new owners around to his way of thinking?  Perhaps JT is willing to take a cut from last seasons wages?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has barely played in 3 years. we already have Richards

He played 39 times for Stoke in 2015/16 when they finished 9th in the Premier League and reached the Semi Final of the League Cup.

He's only played a handful games in the last couple of seasons but he also had surgery in that time and was dropped by Wolfsburg for 'criticizing a member of their coaching staff'. He barely played at Metz last season but only spent 6 months there.

I hope we can bring Abraham in but I think he might want to stay where he is in the hope of getting the odd game. He also may not be prepared to drop down a division. Does anyone else think that Shane Long might prove an alternative who could do a job for us?

7 hours ago, Boumasbabies said:

Celtic out of the CL

Get Tierney on loan

Reckon if they signed that McGinn chap they might have been alright. 

Where did he end up again...? :trollface:

Seriously LB, ST, RW and possibly CB needed.

Edited by cyrusr
You can never have enough RB apparently...

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

Reckon if they signed that McGinn chap they might have been alright. 

Where did he end up again...? :trollface:

Seriously LB, ST, RB and possibly CB needed.

RB? I’d say GK too. ?

Anyway I think you meant RM which I agree with.

• Haha 1

Â