Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

I think FFP is based on 3 years including forecast for the season ahead, so effectively you can spend what you know you'll be getting (balanced against gates, salaries, sponsorship etc, etc) though obviously it's prudent not to blow everything in case you yoyo.

Edit - not what you asked...

I don't imagine you get it up front as much of it depends on appearances and final position.  So I guess Tony will have to dip in - but deals will be structured over a couple of years in any case.

• Thanks 1

If we go up, I want to see us go for the following players:

Nathan Ake (CB)

Aaron Cresswell (LB)

Matt Lowton (RB)

Pascal Gross (CM)

Aaron Mooy (DM/CM)

Oriol Romeu (DM)

Salomón Rondón (ST)

Christian Benteke (ST)

Kurt Zouma (CB)

Jamaal Lascelles (CB/RB)

Now obviously some of these players would be very expensive, but we need to sort out our full back spots asap. Hutton can work as a back up for left back, and Bree as a back up for a new right back. We need center back depth.Terry can't play each week in the premier league. 

We also need to get some new wingers. Green as an impact sub is nice, but Adomah and Snodgrass aren't enough. 

7 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Sporting ultras have attacked their own players in Portugal and most want out.

If we go back Premier League

Would like to see us go for Bas Dost again he has been linked with us few times over years and a very good striker.

Few other players we could take off them 

Its a good chance to steal some players.

Marega from Porto was linked also.

On 15/05/2018 at 17:24, AshVilla said:

I won't take the bait, but by all means keep fishing.

Back on topic i don't know where were going to go for talent in the summer.

I'd like to see us scout Asia a bit if Tony has any connections there. 

Doubt whether Tony has many contacts in Asia tbf. ;)

Marega scored 22 in 29 apps for Porto this season, which isn’t a bad haul. I know the Primeira Division (?) isn’t amazing in depth of quality but if he’s got the attributes we’re looking for then that’s good and shows some capability. 

20 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I thought we already had an agreed price in Snodgrass' loan deal?

That was was the consensus at the time we signed him on Snoddy's own topic a fee of £1.5m - £3m was mentioned which sounded too good to be true even back then. 

I so want to join in this thread but it will be too devestating to start thinking about the level of player we can get only to find ourselves in the championship again. That said, we get promotion and this will be the greatest transfer thread possibly in history.  

57 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Birmingham Mail linking us with Vydra. If we go up, I'd rather not, he's shown he can't make the step up. 

Harsh he has only played 20 games tha level with all but 1 when he was 20

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Forwards in that league who have one very good season and earn a big move tend to flop most of the time.

It’s a bit of a mixed bag I think.. Christano Ronaldo did and he was great for Man Utd and is obviously one of the best players ever, Nani wasn’t bad for Man Utd either, and Falcao was awful for Chelsea... can’t think of that many other forwards. Lots of defenders that have done ok. I don’t think it’s anything that I do with that league in particular, it’s just one of those things. Like I say though, I’ve not heard of him.

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s a bit of a mixed bag I think.. Christano Ronaldo did and he was great for Man Utd and is obviously one of the best players ever, Nani wasn’t bad for Man Utd either, and Falcao was awful for Chelsea... can’t think of that many other forwards. Lots of defenders that have done ok. I don’t think it’s anything that I do with that league in particular, it’s just one of those things. Like I say though, I’ve not heard of him.

Falcao made his name at Atletico and Monaco didn’t he? By the time he came England he was no longer the same player. 

I’m struggling to think of big signing strikers from Portugal to England. They tend to move to Spain.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â