Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 hour ago, tinker said:

If we go up how much do you think we will spend? It's going to take at least £100m to improve us substantially. Maybe sign some of the more promising championship players we have seen over the last few seasons and add 2 PL proven players , a midfielder and a striker, offload some of our fringe players.

No way we will we spend that much and nor should we. Net spend of 50m is just about realistic.

On 14/05/2018 at 22:36, Junxs said:

5 new signings with only 3 coming straight into the team? you want us to get relegated again?

I didnt say thats what I want, i said thats what I thin will happen

He wont change from Johnstone in nets, his two centre backs are shoe ins, hell stick with elmo - I think hell sign a new left back

Snodder, Grealish and Adomah will all play if there - and a fit Kodjia will probably be his striker................ so i THINK that he will look at signing two quality midfield players and strengthen the squad behind them a bit

22 hours ago, tinker said:

If we go up how much do you think we will spend? It's going to take at least £100m to improve us substantially. Maybe sign some of the more promising championship players we have seen over the last few seasons and add 2 PL proven players , a midfielder and a striker, offload some of our fringe players.

Most of the PL money say £70m would be nice. We could sign Johnstone  and Snodgrass with that and add another four players or so. 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

£10m-£15m should do it.

£7m on Clark

£1.5m on Okore

£2m on Bacuna

Get Libor back on a free, get Gil back from his loan.

You're forgetting half a tube of salt n vinegar pringles for Bennett and 50g of 'Drum' baccy for Tonev

7 hours ago, John said:

Most of the PL money say £70m would be nice. We could sign Johnstone  and Snodgrass with that and add another four players or so. 

I don’t think £70m would get us far at all.

Johnstone and Snoddy alone would be £20m at least..

We’d still need, a cb (can’t rely on Terry all season), a dcm, lb, lw, striker at the bare minimum 

28 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

We’d still need, a cb (can’t rely on Terry all season), a dcm, lb, lw, striker at the bare minimum 

I think we've been quoted £6m for Johnstone & £10m for Snoddy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

£6m for Johnstone would be very fair. Typical Gold, Sullivan & Brady pricing for Snoddy. They don't want him and he does not want to be there yet they still want top dollar. I think we can play hard ball with them and get him for something less than £10m. That would leave us with a minimum of £55m. I would like more but we might manage next season by spending around £10m - £15m a player and continued canny use of the loan market if we can get up. 

• Like 1

Well Moyes' rated Snodgrass so good thing he has gone. He has no future there at all, try as West Ham might to get their money back it shouldn't happen. Just like when everyone knows we are desperate to get players off our books we should do the same to them. Will probably go on until the last day of the window.

• Like 1

The variables on this topic based on the outcome at the final terrify and excite me at equal measures, so this is largely pointless until then, but... IF we go up, i'd agree with most and say we need 7 quality signings to go right into the first team squad. GK, LB, CB, CM, CM, WINGER, STR.

I'd suggest we would off load Lansbury to another Championship club, which is a shame, Grabban wont get another loan and we may look at offers for  players like NT,BB, GW, a loan for Davies and a full exit for our currently loaned out players, PG, AT, CG, RMC, TE, GG for a combined exit of £18-£22m.

As for the 7 in, I would love for SJ and RS to come in permanently (keep the players who got us there and keep that team spirit) at £6m ans £10m and then the CB i'd shout for Hegazi at £5m, (good cover for Terry when he inevitably gets injured the week before we oplay Chelsea) left back, perhaps a cheeky bid for Luke Shaw at £13m. Two CM would be along the likes of Milivojevic (palace are a selling club after all and £20m may tempt them) and one other younger player like Lewis Cook who I highly rate and think BFC would let go for £15m odd. Suggesting we have £50m to spend plus the £15m we make of exits, that would leave negative £1m for the striker. 

So we need to sell more players, hope we can bypass FFP and get more funds, do a big sponsorship with someone that gets us more funds, or sign cheaper players or loans. Loftus-Cheak on loan perhaps would be a good cheaper CM option. But I would guess he wants a permanent club now and after a decent WC Chelsea may want to keep him. 

Either way, its a big build if we want to compete and be safe from a relegation battle. 

Or, of course JK steps up and smashes the Prem like we all hope he might and Hogan, Davies (if he doesn't go out on loan) and CO'H offer something different from the bench. Seems a week front 4 for the prem though. 

Sporting ultras have attacked their own players in Portugal and most want out.

If we go back Premier League

Would like to see us go for Bas Dost again he has been linked with us few times over years and a very good striker.

Few other players we could take off them 

Edited by Villan4Life

56 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It would be madness to pay that much for him. 

It would be madness for West Ham to ask that much for him but it's Gold, Brady and Sullivan that we will be dealing with. :D 

Â