Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

12 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'm assuming if FFP doesn't screw us over that we'll be looking to keep hold of Johnstone and Snodgrass in either scenario. I'd also happily get Grabban back if we don't go up. 

If we don't go up I wouldn't think there's any chance of us bringing in Snodgrass. West Ham want eight figures for him and we won't be in that market.

54 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If we go up we can do better than Snodgrass (and Johnstone). 

I agree about Johnstone but Snodgrass is a tough one.

He seems a really good lad to have around the dressing room but he has his limitations. He is never going to beat a fullback on the outside because of his limited pace and the PL is much faster than the Championship.

Paying 10 million for a 31 year old isn't very smart with the risk of injuries and zero resale value. On the other hand PL prices are now overly inflated and he won't need time to settle. I'm 50/50 on Snoddy.

I hope we don't go for a lot of relegated players. People in other threads talking about Shaqiri and West Brom players.

There's something about players who've been relegated the season before. They are used to losing.

• Like 2

As said in SHA thread few months back Wes Harding of SHA one watch out for.

Segnesson couldn’t get better of him yesterday and Harding set up a goal.

We let him go from our youth team at 15.  If blues have sell players I would go for him.

He is a very good player feel premiership clubs will be looking at him in summer at this rate.

• Like 1

I'd buy both of them. Continuity is important and they're both good enough. 

West Ham will have to settle for quite a bit less than they want because he's useless to them - he obviously doesn't like the owners and he's not a player that thrives when he's unhappy. They have to get rid really. 

• Like 1

People forget how good Snodgrass was for Hull in the PL until he signed for WHU. I’d sign both Snodgrass and Johnstone in the summer. That will probably depend on promotion but if we stayed down and kept this group as whole as possible I think we’d win the league next year. CM is our weakest area at the minute and that’s where we need to spend big if we go up. 

How come the Carles Gil thread has been locked? does that mean he's sold? I thought they didnt take the option.

I'm not really bothered that its locked as I rarely go in there, just wondering if there is a reason behind it (ie no longer owned by us).

12 minutes ago, Junxs said:

How come the Carles Gil thread has been locked? does that mean he's sold? I thought they didnt take the option.

I'm not really bothered that its locked as I rarely go in there, just wondering if there is a reason behind it (ie no longer owned by us).

I think it's down to the fact that the thread had turned into bickering about Leandro Bacuna, to be honest. 

• Haha 1

Linked to a Sunderland player names George Honeyman apparently.

Never heard of him but apparently he's played 42 games for them this season.

23 y.o MF.

If we are raiding them let's also get Joel Asoro to add some pace.

2 hours ago, sne said:

23 y.o MF.

Where? He's good

2 hours ago, sne said:

23 y.o MF.

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where? He's good

Asoro is a pretty good player but George Honeyman is absolutely awful!! Their fans don't rate him one bit i have watched him a few times and he is nowhere near a good enough player for us and i hope it's just paper talk.

James McArthur (Palace) has been linked in other papers!

Edited by Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Asoro is a pretty good player but George Honeyman is absolutely awful!! Their fans don't rate him one bit i have watched him a few times and he is nowhere near a good enough player for us and i hope it's just paper talk.

James McArthur (Palace) has been linked in other papers!

Your knowledge is better than mine Villan4Life, McArthur would be great

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is absolute shite, makes Carles Gil look physical.

He is only good at taking penalties as well Honeyman is! Think he scored a fair few this season from them!! The rest of his game is shocking :D

If we overcome Boro I would like to take Patrick Bamford off their hands - I think he is an excellent all round striker - he needs to improve his goal return without question but his speed of thought and technical ability is without question 

Â