Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

26 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Cool!  Sleepy little Korean town sounds like an oxymoron to me!

They all look the same anyway. Paris Baguette, Angle-in-Us, CU and a couple of high rises, the Korean town starter kit.

Errr, on topic.... we should sign some players this summer. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

No and "United Pedigree" is utterly meaningless. Look how much absolute drivel has been bought by clubs down through the years based on the fact that they played for man utd. so they must be good. A certain thieving Djemba Djemba springs to mind. 

There’s a difference between coming through the United youth set up and being brought by United when you’re 22 like Djemba-Djemba was.

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Everyone is suggesting keepers from all over the place,  but no one is mentioning giving Jed Steer a chance.

He's done really well in all the preseason and cup games whenever hes had a chance. He's the right age to be given the number 1 shirt and I'm sure he'd quickly establish himself as an excellent keeper. Don't know why everyone always thinks the grass is greener elsewhere.

This might actually be true.

13 hours ago, Junxs said:

Everyone is suggesting keepers from all over the place,  but no one is mentioning giving Jed Steer a chance.

He's done really well in all the preseason and cup games whenever hes had a chance. He's the right age to be given the number 1 shirt and I'm sure he'd quickly establish himself as an excellent keeper. Don't know why everyone always thinks the grass is greener elsewhere.

I like Jed Steer, I think he is a good goalkeeper. I would be more than happy with him as first choice

If we do go up, I’d love us to get a player like Javier Hernandez. He’s a great finisher, and with players like Grealish, Adomah and Snodgrass (if he stays) behind him we can get him scoring. (Sell Hogan obv).

Edited by alreadyexists

On 26/04/2018 at 21:05, Junxs said:

What did happen to Rob Green?

Probably mentioned him before but that Asoro kid who scored for Sunderland last night might be a smart signing.

Turned 19 yesterday, is lightning quick, can play wide or central attack and should not cost that much with then getting relegated and needing the money.

27 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Pepe Reina is out of contract at the end of the season, I wouldn’t mind us offering him a contract... think he’s only 35 so could get four years out of him, as that’s nothing for a keeper.

Still Napoli number 1 and I think in the Spain squad? No chance.

51 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Still Napoli number 1 and I think in the Spain squad? No chance.

Depend how serious of an offer we make him... if the board can offer him a lucrative contract then I don’t see why he wouldn’t. He’s played in England before, I think we could tempt him. 

(Not that this has been rumoured or anything, it’s just me clutching at straws).

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Pepe Reina is out of contract at the end of the season, I wouldn’t mind us offering him a contract... think he’s only 35 so could get four years out of him, as that’s nothing for a keeper.

Saw this the other day. Would be a good signing in the premier league, no chance in championship 

I didn’t say he was a loser, and I l know he's playing for Napoli, I just said that we might have a chance of signing him if we give him a decent contract, and he won’t attract a transfer fee as he’s out of contract. If we intend to do well in the PL we need to sign some half decent players. Let’s just buy Tonev again, and Yacouba Silla, that’ll sort us out. Forget it. I’ve obviously missed the point of the ‘transfer speculation’ thread :rolleyes:

Edited by alreadyexists

On 26/04/2018 at 21:05, Junxs said:

Great point, as far as I'm concerned he's just as good as Johnstone. Different story if we go up though, I think we'd need to sign a keeper.

• Like 1

Are there any players out there that we could attract that would be good signings for both the championship and premier league? I'm sure there will be contingency plans for both outcomes and I'm wondering if there are players being talked about that would involved in all scenarios? 

I'm assuming if FFP doesn't screw us over that we'll be looking to keep hold of Johnstone and Snodgrass in either scenario. I'd also happily get Grabban back if we don't go up. 

Â