Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Nothing has ever stopped teams from having their squads in place before the season starts or not selling players after a certain date. This is just another way to hinder promoted teams for me. If you get promoted through playoffs you are immediately up against it. These new rules will be thrown out after a team loses its better players to foreign leagues but can’t replace them a season our windows are shut. The EFL trying to match the PL is stupid aswell. Championship teams could’ve got better deals if dropping down was only option for certain players which would make the league stronger. The loan system doesn’t work either. Look at players like OHare and RHM these players need short term loans at lower levels to get used to the physicality. A one size fits all model for the leagues doesn’t work. 

When we go up we will need half a 1st team never mind shipping players out and getting a solid 25 man squad. Hopefully we are planning for all eventualities but it’s goung to be a chaotic summer either way. 

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Heard from a scout that works for wolves that there will be unlimited funds in premiership  if they get promoted.

hioping tony will do the same if we go up :)

Good luck to them. Although I doubt Fosun have had the words FFP leave their mouths, whereas we seem to be wholly aware of it. 

We will see more gradual progression than Wolves imo. Starting with Johnstone and Snoddy on permanents for me!

13 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

So. I know it's early and there's a long way to go this year. We may even be in a different division. We may not.

One thing that is for sure is the rules have changed. The transfer window opens on June 9th and closes on Thursday 9th August at 5pm. So there are no transfers after the first fixture of the PL. And no one is staying up till midnight anymore. A week or so ago the EFL decided to join the party.

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs/

So if we don't go up we would still be able to loan players or sign free contract players up until the 31st August then. If we manage to go up then we'll need to have everything done before the first game.

Senior contracts that expire (according to transfermarkt) this summer are

John Terry (37)
Chris Samba (34 in a few weeks time)
Alan Hutton (33)
Mark Bunn (33)
Gabriel Agbonlahor (31)

Snodgrass, Johnstone, Tuanzebe, Onomah and Grabban all come to the end of their loans. Gollini, Gil, Elphick, DeLaet, Gardner and Tshibola also come to the end of theirs.

Players with 1 year left on their contracts will be

Whelan (34)
Jedinak (34 in the summer)
Elphick (30)
Richards (30 in the summer)
DeLaet (29)
Gil (25)
Steer (25)
Lyden (22)
Green (20 in the summer)

Anyway the summer transfer talk is starting to come out a bit so I thought maybe it was already time for a thread.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-manchester-united-johnstone-14380943

Anyway window closes early so its only fair to open the thread so early is what I'm claiming and standing by :D

I like the window closing basically before the league starts. It's about time really.

Agree with this. Should always have been this way.

Becomes a bit complicated when the league in France starts Aug 4th and the league in Italy and Spain starts 3 weeks later.

The last qualification round for the CL was on the 23rd so until then clubs won't know what their budget will be and players won't know if they are signing for a CL club or not.

But in the lower divisions I guess it doesn't matter...

• Like 1

If we go up i would love us to go for Gary Cahill and make him captain and also bring back Albrighton. 

Other players that might be available for the right price and would be good additions are Tom Cairney, Josh King and Romeu from Southampton

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John said:

A bit early for this but it gives us something other than the run-in to think about I would look at making a cheeky bid for James Ward-Prowse if we get up.  

Been thinking the same. Quality player.

• Like 1

Anyone know how much Grabban would cost?

Been a much better fit upfront than Hogan/McCormack and he surely wouldn't cost as much as those two.

If the worst happens think he'd be the ideal player to lead the line next season.

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is one of the most technically gifted young midfielders in the country. His next move will be to Chelsea or Tottenham. Not us.

He couldn't get into the Southampton team on Saturday. Beyond set pieces he dosen't impose himself on games enough at this point.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, maqroll said:

How is Carles Gil faring in Spain?

not playing and therefore doing really well, according to Michael118

I’d take him back into the squad as a free option if he wanted to play though.

• Haha 2

Â