Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tuanzebe looks shit though.

If he was actually any good then I imagine he'd be playing at CB. I know it goes against the VT narrative, but Bruce isn't an idiot. If he had a good CB under his nose I imagine he would play him at CB.

The truth is more likely that Tuanzebe is still crap.

Both Huth or Collins would likely be a better option than Jedinak or Tuanzebe. So I say get either or both of them in.

Going into the season with only 1 CB (possibly 2 if you count Tuanzebe) and thinking that Jedi is good enough to do the job might not make him an idiot.

But it certainly wasn't clever either.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

But many regard these to be the answer rather than a shit 20yr old we have loaned from Man Utd apparantly.

Baffling.

These are the answer to a question that should have been answered months ago

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tuanzebe looks shit though.

If he was actually any good then I imagine he'd be playing at CB. I know it goes against the VT narrative, but Bruce isn't an idiot. If he had a good CB under his nose I imagine he would play him at CB.

The truth is more likely that Tuanzebe is still crap.

Both Huth or Collins would likely be a better option than Jedinak or Tuanzebe. So I say get either or both of them in.

Tuanzebe hasn't played in his true position so to say whether he's shit or not is premature. We certainly know for a fact that Jedinak in that position is though.

So either Bruce is playing players in the wrong position because he's an idiot or he signed a CB who isn't any good to play in a RB position that we have plenty of cover for because he's an idiot. One or the other really. He's also left it far too late to make any meaningful signings because he's at least partially an idiot. So sorry, yes I believe he's an idiot. Obviously, in reality, it's more of a case of Bruce seeing something different than the majority of fans and pundits see in Jedinak or he has this deep belief he can mould players like Jedinak in to a defender or Samba in to a striker - there's little evidence he can do any of that.

However, whilst I'm not against any body coming in who may improve us, I personally don't think it's needed without exploring the most obvious, viable options currently available to him.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sne said:

Going into the season with only 1 CB (possibly 2 if you count Tuanzebe) and thinking that Jedi is good enough to do the job might not make him an idiot.

But it certainly wasn't clever either.

It was and still is idiocy.

But I agree with Stevo that Bruce doesn't like something he's seeing from Tuanzebe, and thus doesn't like him at CB, except for cover.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

But I agree with Stevo that Bruce doesn't like something he's seeing from Tuanzebe, and thus doesn't like him at CB, except for cover.

Yup

I also think there might be a small portion of stubbornness involved from Bruce in not wanting/refusing to see the error in judgement in opting for Jedi at CB.

Wont be the first manager refusing to change something that clearly isn't working.

Pride and all that.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Yup

I also think there might be a small portion of stubbornness involved from Bruce in not wanting/refusing to see the error in judgement in opting for Jedi at CB.

Wont be the first manager refusing to change something that clearly isn't working.

Pride and all that.

Well maybe so. However not playing Tuanzebe in his right spot makes Bruce look like an idiot. Why did he RE-sign him?

And am I going in circles with myself?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Well maybe so. However not playing Tuanzebe in his right spot makes Bruce look like an idiot. Why did he RE-sign him?

And am I going in circles with myself?

Yeah, he's not coming out looking good from this situation any way you twist it.

Massive lack of judgement and ball dropped.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dukes said:

You have to wonder about our youth and reserve teams, Rio Ferdinand made his Premier League debut aged 17, Ubi Ehiogu made his league debut aged 17, Sol Campbell made his debut aged 20, To y Adams made his debut aged 17, even  Bruce made his league debut aged 19. If we don’t blood youngsters we’ll never know how good they are and I can’t see any of our young central defenders being worse than Jedinak.

just to be clear, I’m not saying any of our youngsters are of the standard of the players I mentioned.

in any case Bruce has mismanaged our defence to an amazing extent and should be held accountable.

I've always thought that if you're good enough you're old enough, but our young right back Mitch Clark said recently that U23 and "men's football" are totally different.

He said that when you're playing U23 football, you're being coached technically as you're still learning the game and there's a lot of passing and movement, but when you step up to "the men's game" (his words) it's about concentration and being able to kick the ball long.

If we're still coaching totally different methods of football through the age groups at AVFC, how can we expect players to make the transition seamlessly?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Despite having him on loan from January 2018 - May 2018.

Then loans him from Man Utd again in August 2018...

To suddenly see something to not play him at CB??

But yet he see's something to think he's good enough to play at RB ahead of 3 natural right backs?? - and in the process is labelled as shit by a few of our fans - the same fans that think Jedinak is the best CB option we have

Work that out.   :suspect:

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Despite having him on loan from January 2018 - May 2018.

Then loans him from Man Utd again in August 2018...

To suddenly see something to not play him at CB??

But yet he see's something to think he's good enough to play at RB ahead of 3 natural right backs?? - and in the process is labelled as shit by a few of our fans!

Work that out.   :suspect:

I agree. Read my next post mate.

• Like 1

On 21/04/2018 at 22:41, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I was in Leeds on a stag recently so a few of us decided to watch them against Wednesday in the snow rather than having to suffer rugby in a pub. Anyway Peacock-Farrell looks like a proper good goalkeeper, you would not have thought he was so inexperienced. Could have been a future England number 1 if he didn't declare for Northern Ireland.

Tom Pearce looked a very limited footballer, no attacking threat whatsoever and put a couple of simple passes down the line straight into touch. He got a standing ovation when taken off though so maybe is rated locally but it was his debut also. I missed the Villa Leeds game so maybe he was  better that day.

As squad filler if we don't go up I'd like to see us sign Ronan Curtis from Derry City. Portsmouth linked with him today but he is good enough for the championship and would cost the usual LOI peanuts.

Congratulating myself I know but has scored 5 goals in 6 games for Portsmouth and been called up the Irish squad. £100k I think he went for.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Congratulating myself I know but has scored 5 goals in 6 games for Portsmouth and been called up the Irish squad. £100k I think he went for.

Top shout original Mr Sanjuro! mentioned him as a player to look out for this season as well. £100k well spent

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah, nothing to do with the manager not having a damn clue is it.

If it is the case then the whole team looks shit under Bruce if you ask me.

Bruce is no idiot??? Na not much! He has just made the whole club look like a circus with his defence calamities.

The justification and defence for Bruce on here is bewildering.

Making up your own points to argue with again.

Come back when you actually want to reply to my post as opposed to whatever you've made up in your head.

Â