Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

If we sign JT again we can loan a left back and a striker. Job done. We don't have to put more than 5 loans in the squad at the same time (we can try a little loan player squad rotation).

Edited by John

5 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t know who’s that French defender but for sure won’t be worse than Elphick or Jedinak.

Get him and let him play beside Chester with Axel as a backup.

We need to change the formation and tactics we’re playing as soon as possible.

we resigning ally cissokho ?

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

You can forget waking up the day after deadline today to find we have signed Moustapha Salifou. Good times

Trying to think of some of our worst deadline day signings, we've had some bad ones, sylla, salifu, djemba djemba but I think the worst surely has to be lescott. 

8 hours ago, paul1984 said:

bit odd that its the evening of the 29th and we don't have a clue who our targets are.

Abraham is target no.1. He is probably waiting for a bigger club overseas to take him on loan? So maybe we havent ruled it out yet. We must have a back up option. Tavares? we were linked with a few weeks back. 

We also know hes after that French kid for CB and Targett for LB. 

I wouldnt be too concerned. 

1 hour ago, KSV said:

Abraham is target no.1. He is probably waiting for a bigger club overseas to take him on loan? So maybe we havent ruled it out yet. We must have a back up option. Tavares? we were linked with a few weeks back. 

There is no way Abraham is coming here, he only has two in front of him at Chelsea and if you think about it he has nothing to lose by staying at Chelsea until at least January, he would still be able to get a loan move to the championship no problem.

He he stays and someone gets injured, suddenly he is right in the mix.

41 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

There is no way Abraham is coming here, he only has two in front of him at Chelsea and if you think about it he has nothing to lose by staying at Chelsea until at least January, he would still be able to get a loan move to the championship no problem.

Yes that is what he will be telling himself as he sits on a bench (occasionally) during September, October, November and December before accepting he was wrong in January and moving on loan to another relegation threatened PL side of to a team in Europe until the end of the season when he will spend another transfer window like he has this one.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, AVTuco said:

It don't matter who we bring in. The moment they set foot on VP in claret and blue they are all useless.

It doesn’t scan quite as well as “ we’re by faarrr the greatest, the worlds ever seen ..” and is perhaps a touch less inspirational, but we could give it a go....?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The loan window slams shut on Friday at 5pm. Time is therefore fast running out to get the deals over the line that will have a significant impact on our promotion hopes done in the hours that remain before then.

2 hours ago, KSV said:

I’d sooner we signed a defender and left back than Abraham. No point having a great attack if almost guaranteed to concede every game. 

Plus we can only really sign 2 more players on loan to allow all 5 to start. 

10 hours ago, eholm said:

I see Danny Batth is looking to be loaned out to Sheff Weds; would be a solid loan for us imo.

Alright, stop your tub thumping over Danny Bath. 

• Like 1

Central defender and centre forward for me.

Without a central defender I think we'll struggle to reach the playoffs. Jedi is fine as a Samba style (no pun intended) back up. But no team would be promoted with 2 slow centre halfs, one of which can't pass the ball. Imagine if Chester got injured and our centre backs were Jedi and Elphick

think centre forward is essential. Not just for the goals, but more for the hold up play. Would allow Grealish, mcginn to get the ball in dangerous areas. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KSV said:

Young English player? Abroad? ;)

• Haha 1

So are we signing anyone else? We seem to be losing steam and fast. We had a second wind when our new owners came in and we started signing players again, but after a series of matches that haven't gone to plan it all seems to have stalled at Villa.. 

2 hours ago, paul1984 said:

I agree but he is a target.. so my point was.. we know a few things are in the fire and im sure theres a back up. 

Â