Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Eh no thanks. Way too raw at the moment. Looks like a promising talent and for a huge lad he has technical skill, but he has barely played senior football. I wouldn't trust him in a promotion run. 

The report I saw actually said that he would sign in 12 months time - if we get promoted. Strange thing to talk about 12 months in advance, mind. Perhaps we are looking at first refusal? He is not btw a Mendes client

Agreed - he has an eye for a pass.

3 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Sell Bunn and Steer.

We certainly don’t need 5 keepers.

Yep. That'll raise about £1m between them both in fee's I suppose and sadly I don't see them being our number 1 anytime soon with these other 2 coming in.

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Eh no thanks. Way too raw at the moment. Looks like a promising talent and for a huge lad he has technical skill, but he has barely played senior football. I wouldn't trust him in a promotion run.

I can see the flaw in your concern

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yep. That'll raise about £1m between them both in fee's I suppose and sadly I don't see them being our number 1 anytime soon with these other two keepers arriving.

You can say that again!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Orjan Nyland is from same club  FC Ingolstadt that Brighton bought in Pascal Groß and Marcus Suttner last summer  lets hope if true he is more like the quality of  player of Pascal Groß than Suttner

Gross and Suttner were outstanding signings, we need to take scouting tips from Brighton. 

Edited by Tommo_b

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

Exactly. Bruce called him "one for the future" which wouldn't make sense if he was going back to Atletico Madrid next season. I think the loan to buy is basically to push the sale to a 2019/20 season purchase, I think Villa have already decided to buy Moreira.

Well he said something similar about Onomah last season being one for the future, very odd considering loan players are only here for a season and go back to their parent clubs.

It doesnt make any sense to 'loan to buy' a reserve keeper, you only have 5 loans - why waste one on a loan to buy 3rd choice keeper? why not just buy him next summer and free up a slot for an extra proper loan player this season?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We can sign loans up to the 31st of August. For players attached to no clubs do we also have to sign before September? I am thinking of Huth. I can't remember when we signed Samba last year.

I’m pretty sure the window only applies to transfers where there is a fee...so frees and loans are fine.

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Well he said something similar about Onomah last season being one for the future, very odd considering loan players are only here for a season and go back to their parent clubs.

It doesnt make any sense to 'loan to buy' a reserve keeper, you only have 5 loans - why waste one on a loan to buy 3rd choice keeper? why not just buy him next summer and free up a slot for an extra proper loan player this season?

We can have 8 loans, with only 5 in the matchday squad, so Moreira wouldn't be taking up a spot needlessly unless he was on the bench every week.

1 hour ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

We can have 8 loans, with only 5 in the matchday squad, so Moreira wouldn't be taking up a spot needlessly unless he was on the bench every week.

Did not know about that rule, but if he's not even going to be in the match day squad, then potentially we are just paying him for nothing when we have enough financial fair play issues

9 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I’m pretty sure the window only applies to transfers where there is a fee...so frees and loans are fine.

I had thought it applied to loans as well but as you say not to out of contract players.

9 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Is it not a maximum of 5 regardless.

I am sure EFL changed the rule?

Â