Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

39 minutes ago, sne said:

According to the tabloids Bruce want's to sign someone called Dan Burn who plays CB for Wigan.

His wiki says he's really tall (6ft7)so it might be true. Apparently he also had a season on loan at SHA

Anyone seen him play?

Wasn’t he on loan at Blues? He’s a good centre back, I’d take him

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I'd try and get Mason Mount on loan from Chelsea!!

The kid is an absolute baller

Guessing Derby with Lampard (and Terry?) might be in a good position should they wan't him?

9 hours ago, sne said:

According to the tabloids Bruce want's to sign someone called Dan Burn who plays CB for Wigan.

His wiki says he's really tall (6ft7)so it might be true. Apparently he also had a season on loan at SHA

Anyone seen him play?

Had an incredible game as a young lad at Fulham against Man Utd in the Moyes era. Utd had a crazy tactic of continuously crossing the ball at his head for the whole game.

edit: 81 crosses

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/26120927

Fulham's Dan Burn said he had "never headed that many balls since the Conference" after defending 81 Manchester United crosses.

Burn, 21, made 22 clearances in the 2-2 draw at Old Trafford on Sunday.

The number of crosses set a new Premier League record.

The 6ft 7in defender, who played 10 times in the Conference for Darlington in 2011, added: "We knew that was going to happen and I was happy for them to play like that."

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro

On 16/06/2018 at 10:39, Kingman said:

Apparently we're talking to Utd about a loan for Dean Henderson. 

Just signed for Sheffield United for a season loan.

The news from Gregg Evans that is linked in the Tony Xia thread ought to put paid to the idea that we will be signing any players for money this summer. Looks like we will get on loan whoever is left on the table in the final 72 hours before the window shuts, and that will be it. 

EDIT: If by some miracle we make it to the start of the season, that is. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The news from Gregg Evans that is linked in the Tony Xia thread ought to put paid to the idea that we will be signing any players for money this summer. Looks like we will get on loan whoever is left on the table in the final 72 hours before the window shuts, and that will be it. 

The kids it is then :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That might be how it eventually plays out.

And if it does, no doubt Gooseberry Greg Evans will claim some top rank inside info. 

But the club haven't bothered with the Mail or Birmingham Live or whatever it is called for years. So I can't see how/ why the latest Olbiyun fan charged with stirring the shit is now suddenly inside the circle of trust. 

Personally I just wish he'd do us all a favour and wedge that crayon between his ears. Hard. It's been clear for some time he can't actually write with the thing. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HolteExile said:

That might be how it eventually plays out.

And if it does, no doubt Gooseberry Greg Evans will claim some top rank inside info. 

But the club haven't bothered with the Mail or Birmingham Live or whatever it is called for years. So I can't see how/ why the latest Olbiyun fan charged with stirring the shit is now suddenly inside the circle of trust. 

Personally I just wish he'd do us all a favour and wedge that crayon between his ears. Hard. It's been clear for some time he can't actually write with the thing. 

He literally is the worst "journalist" ever. Can't stand him and his pathetic incessant clickbait nonsense.

If what is believed pans out and were all freebies and loans then all is not lost....... 

In our positions id certainly be looking at Nedum Onuoha, James Collins and Robert Huth and i'd also look at Abel Hernandez - if leeds can afford him, im sure we can even still

wonder if John Ruddy might be available cheap now that Wolves have signed a keeper for their no1 slot

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

If what is believed pans out and were all freebies and loans then all is not lost....... 

In our positions id certainly be looking at Nedum Onuoha, James Collins and Robert Huth and i'd also look at Abel Hernandez - if leeds can afford him, im sure we can even still

wonder if John Ruddy might be available cheap now that Wolves have signed a keeper for their no1 slot

Could have worse options at center back. A squad of those 2 plus Chester and Axel on loan would be solid.

• Like 1

If it's free transfers and loans, then we can still pick one or two decent players:

Gk - Krul, Caballero, Robles or Green

Def - Delaney, Huth, Collins

Mid - Adam, McCarther, Morrison

For - Hernandez

Loans -  Axel, Onomah, any kids from Man City or Chelsea and finally Snodders (ok, perhaps very unrealistic at this point). 

Â