Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

42 minutes ago, sne said:

Wouldn't exactly add pace thou would he. :D

Come to think about it, considering Jedi and Whelan he actually would...

He wouldn't no but he would much needed passing skills to our midfield, Grealish aside 

On 4/8/2018 at 20:44, Villan4Life said:

Jake Livermore has been linked now in the Mail.

I would cry. I have seen him play and I couldnt even tell you what type of midfielder he is 

• Haha 1

I put this in another thread................. if we stay in this league then id say its foregone conclusion that there will be no Johnstone, Hutton, Terry, Gabby, Onomah, Tuanzebe, Grabban, Agbonlahor - and a good chance no Grealish or Chester if the Prem comes knocking !!

Will be a massive weight off the wagebill as far as FFP goes; but it looks like promotion for the like of RHM, Davis, Green, O'Hare etc... as more senior squad players

Also, we have a number of players with a season left on their contracts - we wont get decent fee's for them, so under a different manager would we look to reintegrate the likes of Elphick, RDL, Gil, McCormack, Gollini and even Tshibola...........................   

As for new players, there are a few players coming out of contract in the prem that might drop a division for a promotion push with a club like Villa............ id certainly look at James Collins and Robert Huth if JT & Chester are gone........ Stephen Ward as left back as well  -all be proven top first div players....

Jesus, i hope there is no truth in this!! Bruce no doubt will be interested:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/joey-barton-odds-aston-villa-14511153

Joey Barton is set for a return to football ahead of next season following a 13-month ban after breaking rules in relation to betting.

Former Manchester City and Rangers midfielder Barton, 35, was initially handed an 18-month suspension in April last year before it was reduced by five months in July.

Barton was playing in the Premier League for Burnley at the time and was subsequently released. He’s since been keeping busy doing various punditry work but he’ll have the opportunity to return to football ahead of next season.

Joey Barton has controversially claimed "50%" of professional footballers bet on matches.

The former Rangers midfielder even went as far as saying gambling is "culturally ingrained" in the sport.

Barton has been suspended from football for 18 months after admitting an FA charge in relation to betting.

In February, it was revealed the Burnley midfielder admitted that he placed 1,260 football related bets between 26 March 2006 and 13 May 2016.

Crystal Palace and England winger Andros Townsend was handed a four match ban, three of which were suspended, after being found guilty of flouting betting regulations while at Spurs.

And in November Frome Town manager Nick Bunyard was suspended for three years on betting charges.

18 months out of football is a long time when you are 35 but he honestly wouldn't be the worst signing in the world on our budget(what will be our budget)

If Karl Henry can be without a club all summer, sign for Bolton in September and not look out of place a few days later at VIlla Park...it is not a good league.

Edited by rodders0223

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

18 months out of football is a long time when you are 35 but he honestly wouldn't be the worst signing in the world on our budget(what will be our budget)

If Karl Henry can be without a club all summer, sign for Bolton in September and not look out of place a few days later at VIlla Park...it is not a good league.

Problem is Joey will want about £50k a week

31 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I'd love it if we could get Milner back assuming we get promoted. He'd be a great option to solidify the midfield. He only has a year left at liverpool and is 32. 

I honestly wouldn't mind ALL the stars back from our fine run of top 6,  3 years running.

They are all into the twilight of their careers but no doubt possess quality and could do a job for us for a year or two, as well as will have a soft pot for the club.

Daft as it sounds, imagine having Milner, Young, Gareth Barry, Albrighton, Benteke back added to this squad with the dross released?

Supplemented in a much more stable team with the likes of Jack and other young stars.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

33 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I'd love it if we could get Milner back assuming we get promoted. He'd be a great option to solidify the midfield. He only has a year left at liverpool and is 32. 

32?  Thought he was about 40 by now.  Amazing.

On 10/04/2018 at 11:45, Adbo9 said:

I put this in another thread................. if we stay in this league then id say its foregone conclusion that there will be no Johnstone, Hutton, Terry, Gabby, Onomah, Tuanzebe, Grabban, Agbonlahor - and a good chance no Grealish or Chester if the Prem comes knocking !!

If we don't go up this year, Bruce's failure will hang around like a bad smell for some time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If we don't go up this year, Bruce's failure will hang around like a bad smell for some time.

On 10/04/2018 at 11:45, Adbo9 said:

Fair point. Johnstone and Terry would be a loss. ( and Snoddy)

The others not so much, the inclusion of losing gabby (twice) , Tuanzebe, Hutton, And Onamah as a doomsday scenario doesn't hold much water. 

Grealish is irreplaceable imo, Chester might pay for Flint. 

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Intense personal dislike, I imagine. 

Don't dislike Barton! just not a good option for us in my opinion. He is out of the game at moment and at his age/wages a week it wouldn't be a good target!

Edited by Villan4Life

Â