Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Apparently we are watching Darnell Fisher the Preston Right Back who is very highly rated,

He used to be on the books of Celtic when he was younger

Phew, that’s a relief, if De Laet goes then we’ll only have four RBs.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Hegazi at West Brom supposedly has a £2.5m relegation release clause. Not seen much of him, but surely would be worth a punt if we go up?

Edit: Evans has one at £3m too. Risky taking the bottom clubs CB pairing, but £5.5m for the pair is a steal.

Evans has a £3m release clause but his agent apparently wants £4m as well which has delayed any real to date. £7m is still a decent alternative to the likes of Dawson, Shawcross, Flint or Gibson if someone can get over paying more to his agent than the selling club.

On 19/05/2018 at 09:29, John said:

That was was the consensus at the time we signed him on Snoddy's own topic a fee of £1.5m - £3m was mentioned which sounded too good to be true even back then. 

I thought that small fee mentioned was the loan fee. Which was brought up as the reason the West Ham couldn’t recall him when Moyes wanted to in January. I can’t remember a permanent fee mentioned, but I might be wrong.

17 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

In principle I'm against picking up players who got relegated - they are too used to losing!

Give me some winners!!

Agreed. Let's only buy from Citeh and Barcelona.

• Like 1

Buffon, Torres and Iniesta each played their last games for their clubs this weekend. There’s a few free transfers to mount our Premier League title challenge :D

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I thought that small fee mentioned was the loan fee. Which was brought up as the reason the West Ham couldn’t recall him when Moyes wanted to in January. I can’t remember a permanent fee mentioned, but I might be wrong.

You may well be right it would make sense if that figure was the loan fee rather than the permanent one but that was what was said at the time of the move on Snoddy's topic.

Would anyone have James Collins back to the club? He use to be a favourite of mine until all that stuff with him and Dunne went down, felt they both let us down but then club was clearly already in a downward spiral. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Would anyone have James Collins back to the club? He use to be a favourite of mine until all that stuff with him and Dunne went down, felt they both let us down but then club was clearly already in a downward spiral. 

Care to dream a little bigger?! 

Basically, no. He was part of the poison crew from what I recall? Might be wrong. 

4 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Buffon, Torres and Iniesta each played their last games for their clubs this weekend. There’s a few free transfers to mount our Premier League title challenge :D

It used to work for me on Championship Manager.  Built a Champions League winning Brighton team with Zidane and Rivaldo as free transfers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Pretty sure he used to go drinking cans of cider as soon as games finished back in the day. 

Why are people interested in getting old players back at the club who are clearly unsuitable, young, benteke, collins...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Pretty sure he used to go drinking cans of cider as soon as games finished back in the day. 

Why are people interested in getting old players back at the club who are clearly unsuitable, young, benteke, collins...

I can’t speak for others, but I thought about Collins earlier today because I saw that Gold and Sullivan apparently told him via email that he will be leaving the club. Nothing to do with rekindling old flames, just a coincidence. As a free transfer, I’d assume he’d be a half-decent option (although I haven’t watched him since we were in the Prem).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve not heard of him, but he plays for Strasbourg in the French Lige 1... his stats aren’t very impressive. I think this is probs just a nonsense link.

He was absolutely shocking for my club St Mirren few years back they bombed him out after half a season as his attitude was all wrong

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Dunne and Collins?

Only need to bring back Chris Herd for the Gatecrasher Crew!! :)

Edited by Villan4Life

15 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I can’t speak for others, but I thought about Collins earlier today because I saw that Gold and Sullivan apparently told him via email that he will be leaving the club. Nothing to do with rekindling old flames, just a coincidence. As a free transfer, I’d assume he’d be a half-decent option (although I haven’t watched him since we were in the Prem).

Sorry I thought everyone knew this as I found out and I'm in Australia. That's what made me think of him. Thanks for clearing up my point for me Rob.

• Like 1

Â