Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

This window is about not exposing ourselves, we will have a massive squad and more than a fair few not good enough if we go up, we need to be looking at young talent that whatever happens we can look to make profit on 3/4 years down the line rather than waiting for threads like this where you get excited by the list of players out of contract / 1 year left 

This new scouting set up we have needs to step up big time

Unfortunately i see us going down the tried and tested english football journeymen route rather than the fancy pants young foreign talent 

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is one of the most technically gifted young midfielders in the country. His next move will be to Chelsea or Tottenham. Not us.

I disagree. He won't get anywhere near the top 6 teams... yet. I think he would be a fantastic signing.

As previously posted in the end of season chop list, the following is a list of players who are out of contract from the end of this season to 202/22

At the end of this season;
Terry, Bunn, Hutton, Samba, Agbonlahor, Sarkic, Watkins, Abdo, Blackett-Taylor, Borg, Prosser, Pastorek, Clarke, Clark, Finnerty, Coates, Knibbs, Cox, Hall, Idem, Johansson, Stretch, Boucher, Bazeley-Graham, Williams, Rowe.

2019;
Richards, Whelan, De Laet, Jedinak, Elphick, Green, Davis, Steer, Lyden, McKirdy, Suliman, O'Hare, Mooney, Gil, Pressley, Revan, Walker, Guy, Patterson, Birch(J), Ige, Ramsey, Birch(M), Tait, Brunt,Sea, Odutayo, Hooper.

2020;
Bjarnason, Chester, Elmohamady, Kodjia, Grealish, Adomah, McCormack, Gardner, Hepburn-Murphy, Doyle-Hayes, Tshibola, Bedeau, Gollini.

2021/22;
Hourihane, Lansbury, Taylor, Bree, Hogan.

We won't know who to replace, that's all dependent on where we are (Premiership/Championship).

In my opinion, try to keep Terry for one more season, regardless of where we are,and only keep Hutton if we don't go up.

Other than that, if we do go up, I think we would need a goalie, at least one full back,  at least one decent centre half, a DM, at least one winger, and a goal scorer. maybe a couple of midfielders too, if we get rid of some of the "dead wood".

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He couldn't get into the Southampton team on Saturday. Beyond set pieces he dosen't impose himself on games enough at this point.

I think he has stagnated at this point but I agree he isn't doing it. I see a player who can do absolutely everything with the ball but isn't influencing games enough.

I will be surprised though if a big club doesn't take a chance on him.

As Wyness aid several months ago the club are looking at players for both possible scenarios for next  season. Players for if we go up and players for if we stay in the championship.

With that in mind here's who I would start with:

Championship

Ryan Woods - Brentford.
Center Midfield who can tackle, good range of passing and has a great engine. Hopefully the better facilities & coaching staff at a larger club would help him transition to the next level i.e. pushing for promotion

Premier League

Gary Cahill - Chelsea

Bring him back as captain (Dependent on Terry sticking around.) Currently can't get into the 1st 11 at Stamford Bridge so offer him the chance to come back to where he started his career. At 32 we could just about offer him a 4 year contract as long as the transfer fee wasn't exorbitant (at the end of the season he will have 1 year left on his current contract.)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

As Wyness aid several months ago the club are looking at players for both possible scenarios for next  season. Players for if we go up and players for if we stay in the championship.

With that in mind here's who I would start with:

Championship

Ryan Woods - Brentford.
Center Midfield who can tackle, good range of passing and has a great engine. Hopefully the better facilities & coaching staff at a larger club would help him transition to the next level i.e. pushing for promotion

Premier League

Gary Cahill - Chelsea

Bring him back as captain (Dependent on Terry sticking around.) Currently can't get into the 1st 11 at Stamford Bridge so offer him the chance to come back to where he started his career. At 32 we could just about offer him a 4 year contract as long as the transfer fee wasn't exorbitant (at the end of the season he will have 1 year left on his current contract.)

Cahill will go abroad, maybe Real Madrid.

I would like to see keep Sarkic and Blackett-Taylor, Clark, Knibbs, Prosser, Clarke for extension contract 1 or 2 more season to see if they reach their potential before discard as i don't want see other many discard good youngster which them can success other club, as i heard many good thing about them.

we are need rid Richards too.

"Light Suggestion"
I would like see us buy Blackburn- Bradley Deck (he is good Box to Box and Attack Midfield, his passing and vision is very good and creative from central midfield) we have Conor Hourihane but we don't have back up to Horinhane in squad.

2 from Peterborough - Marcus Maddison (Left Winger as we don't have left foot winger in left winger if we play 4-5-1 we need pace left winger so he is look like worth to buy) and Jack Marriott (Striker he is bit more all-round type and he have huge future, as his potential are very good) as both are looking like will be very good players in make and low cost risk but high risk - big jump level. 

at moment "Serious Suggestion"
be honest I can't think seriously replacement until we know where position league in the end of the season.

Ryan Wood is good shouted.

Cahill would love him back and we should never let him go first time when he is left, it is hurt me very load because I knew he is better is good future, in end we have replacement Davies and Knight which is bad decision sad.

• Like 2

What we actually need is buy -

in order priority: 

1) 1x Left Full Back (we don't have back up)

" ") 1x (or 2x) First choice Goalkeeper is urgency *Buy Johnstone if it is reasonable price*

3) 1x First Choice Right Back (we have no good Right back after Hutton and I'm don't rate Elmo because he is good in attack and poor in defend, i think he better play in Right Winger or Wing back roles rather full back) 

4) 1x Leadership Centre Half (would like to extension Terry Contract one more season if he won't so we need buy Leadership Centre-Half, I Like Chester but I think we better play better Leadership Central Half to pair Chester)

5) 2x Central Midfield (1x Central Midfield with good pace and who can protection back 4 and good passing, and can go support attack if need) and other (1x Central Midfield with Good Passing and Long Shot, to challenge Hourihane)

Schoolboy error from The EFL there " the window will now close for permanent transfers from another club on Thursday 9th August 2018 at 5pm, which is aligned with the decision the Premier League opted to take in September 2017" 

Can't even get official football terminology in their own press releases. Everybody knows that the transfer window does not "close" .   It SLAMS SHUT

Numpties. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Leon Bailey :) 

Image result for Leon Bailey gif

Continue our relationship with Man U with a (Probably loan) bid for Angel Gomes :)

Image result for angel gomes gif

Put a bit of steel and energy into the middle with Nicolo Barella

Image result for nicolo barella gif

Replace leavers with versatile full-back Benjamin Henrichs (also at Leverkusen like Bailey) (Leavers for a Leverkusen)

Image result for benjamin henrichs gifImage result for benjamin henrichs gif

(Two assists here in the Confederations Cup)

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I can't assess these players abilities as there is no horrendous techno music in the background.

I can't assess these players abilities because these are tiny snippets of play. John Gregory knew what to do with these these things. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is one of the most technically gifted young midfielders in the country. His next move will be to Chelsea or Tottenham. Not us.

He might prefer playing for us than sitting on their bench. More seriously they might not come in for him and Liverpool will decide he is the one player from their feeder club they do not want so he would be left with a choice between Everton and us for example.:)

If we go up, and on the premise Baggies are relegated, Id go for Jonny Evans and Possibly even Kieran Gibbs............. Evans would be perfect, especially if JT doesnt go on more...... Gibbs would be a solid full back.............. 

If we keep our current system - Id keep Snodgrass, Grealish and Adomah for now.......... maybe see if we can tempt someone like Shaqiri out of Stoke if we got money to spend........ Its central midfield where we really will need an upgrade.......... Jedinak will be decent as a sub / rotation.   Hourihane is unproven, so Id be lookin at at least one but probably two midfield players....... who is the question?? 

Forwards?  I only think a Fit Kodjia is a realistic prem option with all our options in the squad, so will need a forward or two to add........... again, who?? 

On 3/8/2018 at 12:45, VillaChris said:

Anyone know how much Grabban would cost?

Been a much better fit upfront than Hogan/McCormack and he surely wouldn't cost as much as those two.

If the worst happens think he'd be the ideal player to lead the line next season.

Whilst he will be essential for us this season, if we go up we need to aim much higher than players like Grabban. If Grabban and Kodjia are our premier league options we will be ****.

I think we'll all see the likes of Cairney and Sessegnon at Fulham, Neves, Jota, Costa and Cavaleiro and co at Wolves along with Grealish as people who really stand out in this division as players with plenty of ability that will be fine in the premier league if/when they get there whoever it's with and whenever that might be.

Outside of those fairly obvious calls though, are there any other players that have caught anyone's eye at all in the championship at other clubs?

Pontus Janssen at Leeds and Sol Bamba from Cardiff are a couple of centre backs I kind of look at through envious eyes for instance.

James Maddison at Norwich has the knack of looking good on a highlights show at least. Some pearlers from him this season. Josh Brownhill at Bristol City is another one for me who looks like he has a bit about him. Cant say Ive seen either play a full 90 mins though tbh.

Not that we're off buying everyone's better players in the summer or anything, just interested who, if anyone, has impressed us in the last couple of years?

Â