Distin or Bellamy

tonyh29

Which Player would you prefer to Join Us  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Player would you prefer to Join Us

• Bellamy
    • Distin
    • neither ..

Seeing as we appear to be competing with Everton on every deal at present ..and they are this mythical wonder club that everyone is fighting to join despite nearly being relegated the season before

My feeling is that Everton can't afford both Distin & Bellamy , so assuming they will sign one of these 2 players leaving us a "clear run " :-) at the other , which one would we prefer to come to Villa Park ?

Would prefer bellamy cause we need a striker however, i think Everton will go for him over Distin(see bbc). So we will get distin, have a wicked defence but never score! :roll:

can you see bellamy getting 20 goals though ?

I agree we need some pace , but I think we need pace and a big lump combined ..like a Yakubu type player ..the bloke from Sporting Lisbon could be a good buy , but maybe not very likely

I opted for neither!!

I desperately want us to sign new players but Bellendamy is a cock of the highest order and won't get us 15-20goals a season and will probs upset the equilibrium of the dressing room

as for Distin - he's ok but not worth £7m or 7m lira!!

I'm amazed that Bellamy is winning this poll considering people's apparent hatrd for the guy and his baggage. I know it has to be that his position is more of a priority than Distin's but it's still very curious !!

My feeling is that Everton can't afford both Distin & Bellamy , so assuming they will sign one of these 2 players leaving us a "clear run " :-) at the other , which one would we prefer to come to Villa Park ?

Everton can't afford the wages of either of them, they are trying to reduce the wage bill considerably, they have three defenders who still haven't agreed new contracts (lower wages than previous being the sticking point) If they sign Distin, they will have sign at least two more defenders on higher wages than the ones that are currently there increasing the wage bill.

And the only way they'll sign Bellamy is if Newcastle pay 3/4 of the wages for remainder of his contract with them

Everton can't afford to sign either of them. If Everton sign anyone, they will be more in the Cahill mode, someone needing to make the step up and cheap wages wise, than already established Premiership players.

Bickster I'd like you to be right, but I can also see that with them in the CL, this is their big chance to make that leap. They might speculate on the basis of potential earnings. If they budget to get into the group stages, and buy accordingly, then they may very well see the wages as affordable, and best-case-scenario for them is they'll never look back !! Or they take our approach of slowly-slowly and act with caution thus missing out on the big chance, the big players and the possible windfalls that come from that - but they ensure their financial stability. A tough call that could, at this point, go either way.

Everton can't afford to sign either of them. If Everton sign anyone, they will be more in the Cahill mode, someone needing to make the step up and cheap wages wise, than already established Premiership players.

Does this include 5mill on Udinese's Denmark international central defender Per Kroldrup?

hmm Distin-ed to VP (or COMS)

from bbc

Last Updated: Monday, 20 June, 2005, 12:18 GMT 13:18 UK

Everton agree £5m Kroldrup deal

Pere Kroldrup

Kroldrup was a key figure in Udinese's Champions League push

Everton have agreed a £5m deal for Udinese's Denmark international central defender Per Kroldrup.

The powerful 25-year-old was a key figure in Udinese qualifying for the Champions League after finishing fourth in Serie A last season.

Everton manager David Moyes has been in the market for a central defender, with Alan Stubbs yet to sign a new deal.

Moyes was unwilling to pay the £7m asking price for Manchester City's Sylvain Distin and moved for Kroldrup.

The move is subject to personal terms being agreed and a medical.

They aren't in the CL just yet, they might even draw Celtic in the qualifying round, there's some serious teams in the qualifying this year

They aren't the team now, that they were at the start of last year, just look at their results post-Graveson (that fourth spot was there for the taking - its just no-one took it), nowhere near their early season form and even though they are in the CL Qualifying, they seem to have replaced Graveson with an injury prone Spurs reserve, have the majority of their defence stalling on new contracts because the offer is lower than they are currently on and if they sign Distin, the others will be mightily p***ed off. Bellamy would end up as the highest paid player at Everton by a factor of about 3 - It just doesn't add up that they can afford either of them

Does this include 5mill on Udinese's Denmark international central defender Per Kroldrup?

wonder what his wages are? and if any other club should have the motto ITSOTP its Everton

note:- he's got to have a medical yet and this is Everton's doctors we're talking about here, he could be in Norway and the doctors in the carribean on holiday and he'd fail it

I see where you are coming from bickster, i would love both bellamy and distin at villa just for that fact of some new signings which would improve our team so i hope your right!

Its just Everton have there head screwed on at the momment and are working there way through decent transfer targets some of which just happen to be ours.

This is one of the reasons i think we issued a statement about malbranque when we still are alittle interested in him, this along with Strides "Hopefully there will be some players in shortly"

Koldrup signing does Imply that Distin's Agent is trying to talk his player up ..either that or Everton are about to splash out 12m on a new CB partnership !!

Koldrup signing does Imply that Distin's Agent is trying to talk his player up ..either that or Everton are about to splash out 12m on a new CB partnership !!

That'll be the day this happens:-

image018.jpg

:D

went for bellendamy.

for the simple reason that we need A striker.

almost ANY striker would do TBH ..................... apart from Carlton Cole, obviously.

Â