Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

Fed up of hearing "We cant catch wolves"

IF Leeds beat them tonight and we beat them, there will only be 4 points in it and they will be in the mix with the rest of us

and IF Cardiff beat the Blosers 5:0 and we beat Wolves 3:0 they wouldn't even be top any more 

23 hours ago, MONCABA said:

I think the Leeds game tomorrow will take a lot out of wolves. We hardly broke a sweat against a very poor Sunderland team tonight. I don't see it being such an easy ride for the dog heads.

Oh it is.....Leeds are awful.

its like a training session for wolves now.

Edited by TRO

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

I hope we ask more questions of Wolves on Saturday, than this sorry outfit has tonight.

That question can’t be Hogan because those defenders will eat him alive. Time to start Grabban.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MikeAVFC said:

Winning this would send out a huge statement. Wolves look jittery at the moment, hopefully they'll falter at Leeds tonight. If they do then they're there for the taking on Saturday. 

They jittered all over the pitch.

After watching Wolves tonight I think it's imperative that we have Thor in there to track their runners from midfield. He has the engine to keep up with them and support the attack. Wolves are going to play it on the deck so we don't need Jedi's heading prowess in the middle.

Also I would go with Davis up top. I know the majority want to see Grabban there but I think the ball will stick more with Keinan. He gives us an out ball with his ability to hold up play and lay it off to our wingers. Leeds didn't have that tonight and the ball just kept coming back at them. 

Johnstone

Elmo            Chester         Terry          Taylor

Thor     Hourihane                        
Snodgrass             Gresford           Albert

Davis

ps we saw Wolves score twice from corners tonight. I hope they've been drilling Johnstone all week on corners because he has been so weak on them all season.           

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, obanken said:

That question can’t be Hogan because those defenders will eat him alive. Time to start Grabban.

I agree.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

After watching Wolves tonight I think it's imperative that we have Thor in there to track their runners from midfield. He has the engine to keep up with them and support the attack. Wolves are going to play it on the deck so we don't need Jedi's heading prowess in the middle.

Also I would go with Davis up top. I know the majority want to see Grabban there but I think the ball will stick more with Keinan. He gives us an out ball with his ability to hold up play and lay it off to our wingers. Leeds didn't have that tonight and the ball just kept coming back at them. 

Johnstone

Elmo            Chester         Terry          Taylor

Thor     Hourihane                        
Snodgrass             Gresford           Albert

Davis

ps we saw Wolves score twice from corners tonight. I hope they've been drilling Johnstone all week on corners because he has been so weak on them all season.           

I see your point with Davis and i think we are more likely to get our wingers behind them with him, however, we can' t afford a poor touch and giving the ball away easily, Grabban is better on the ball and more of a goal threat.

its tough call.

Although Leeds were pathetic the way wolves moved it around was fairly lively. 

We need pace on Saturday, Hogan, Jedi, Whelan will spend more time on their arse. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I see your point with Davis and i think we are more likely to get our wingers behind them with him, however, we can' t afford a poor touch and giving the ball away easily, Grabban is better on the ball and more of a goal threat.

its tough call.

Absolutely is a tough call. Grabban is better on the ball when he's facing defenders and is more of a goal threat. But I think Davis's touch is pretty damn good with his back to goal. Sure he's lost the ball a few times (he's young,) but the idea that he has a bad 1st touch I think is one of VT myths that develop from time to time.

As long as the team is set up to take the game to them and attack I don't mind who plays out of Grabban or Davis.

I think it will be Grabban. But I like the idea of Davis playing. Decent build up play and will be able to hold it up and bring others in to the attack.

As long as we outscore them it doesn't matter who's goal tally is what.

For me I think this is the biggest game for Villa and Wolves this season.

1.Villa win then it will open up the race for the top two (confidence builder for us)

2.Villa lose then I am pretty sure its play offs at best for us

3.Wolves win then they will have justified their postion at the top and deserve promotion (sorry to say that but the table doesnt lie)

4.Wolves lose then they could (despite Leeds result) jitter and possibly scrape a top 2 place or sink into the playoffs

5. Draw will suit Wolves much more than Villa

Personally this game is too close to call, I think it will be a draw, but as mentioned above if we have a tit as a ref then he will ruin the game and it could go either way on a dodgey decision

Nail biting time ahead......

Regards to all

Del

• Like 1

Grabban starts this one. The question is Davis or Hogan, im not sure if we need the ability to hold up the ball or someone who might poke the ball in from 5 yards. They both offer different things.

Thor in front of the back 4 for me and Grealish starts of course.

With Grealish in the side we will be looking to play the ball on the deck and knocking balls through for the striker, long ball isn't something we did so much of when Jack was on the pitch last month.

Grabban or Hogan up front for me as they can play on the shoulder of the centre back or be a poacher in the box. Davis, at this stage, isn't good enough in front of goal. However in games where we need someone to hold the ball up for us, Davis is the better option as from long balls he brings the midfield into the game.

• Like 1