Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

Well this is a big one for many reasons. Automatic promotion, local pride and we should also have have fit squad (bar Hutton & Kodjia) for the 1st time since the end of our 7 match winning run.

I hope we go back to mostly the team that was part of that run which includes Thor to give us energy in midfield. Who to plays up top is probably the biggest question but I would go for Davis.

Johnstone

Elmo           Chester         Terry          Taylor

Thor            Hourihane

Snodgrass          Grealish             Albert

Hogan/Davis

11 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Well this is a big one for many reasons. Automatic promotion, local pride and we should also have have fit squad (bar Hutton & Kodjia) for the 1st time since the end of our 7 match winning run.

I hope we go back to mostly the team that was part of that run which includes Thor to give us energy in midfield. Who to plays up top is probably the biggest question but I would go for Davis.

Johnstone

Elmo           Chester         Terry          Taylor

Thor            Hourihane

Snodgrass          Grealish             Albert

Hogan/Davis

Grabban has to start ahead of Hogan and/or Davis if playing the team above.   I would also play Jedi ahead of Thor.  Rest of the team picks itself really.    Hopefully we stay injury free tonight and Dirty Leeds kick the Wolves team all night tomorrow.  

• Like 1

I think the Leeds game tomorrow will take a lot out of wolves. We hardly broke a sweat against a very poor Sunderland team tonight. I don't see it being such an easy ride for the dog heads.

Massive game and huge test for us. Fulham did a great job on them the other week and deservedly beat them. They have class throughout their team and we absolutely need to be at our very best to trouble them, in my opinion. We need to hunt and press them all over the park as we did against blues and Bristol City. Hopefully we start Grealish as he brings class, drive, creativity and craft to our forward play. It’s imperative we win the midfield as if we let Wolves’ midfield dominate then we’ll be hard pushed to get something out of the game.

We haven’t played well enough for our capability over the past four games, despite getting some wins, although we did show great perseverance against Sheff Weds so we need to be at our best as Wolves are a cut above most in this league. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

Neves will be fresh which is bad news for us. But I think if we give Neves as little time as possible on the ball we have such immense attacking players we can really hurt wolves. their full backs are not great to be honest. Bruce needs to ensure he has a defender on the bench any injuries and he decided to play jedinak at CB we have truly screwed and will lose.  

This is the game a villa man can make himself a hero 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

This isn't a game for Jedinak. He's effective against physical sides, but he doesn't have the legs for Wolves' runners. I think if Whelan is out it needs to be Bjarnason this weekend.

Whelan would scare the he'l out of me against wolves. Has to be Thor surely! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

This isn't a game for Jedinak. He's effective against physical sides, but he doesn't have the legs for Wolves' runners. I think if Whelan is out it needs to be Bjarnason this weekend.

Totally agree, this is not a game for Whelan or Jedinak, need more energy.

We could be a lot closer to our visitors in the league table on Saturday night than had looked likely a few weeks ago. To do that we need to give a performance like the one we gave when Small Heath turned up for a beating. I would have taken a point from this a few weeks ago and probably still would but we really need a win given how Cardiff and Fulham are stringing wins together. Fulham have recently shown that Wolves can be beaten. A 2-1 win would be very nice. 

Edited by John

27 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think I would go for:

Johnstone

Elmo     Terry     Chester    Taylor

Thor 

Snoddz  Hourihane Grealish  Adomah

Grabban

Grabban and Adomah to score 2-0. Villa fans go crazy, we win the next 5 games, get promoted and everyone is happy. VillaTalk is united and we all agree, thus bringing about the end of the universe.

Will be more than happy with the team above.  The front five are very good indeed and would cause problems to anyone in this league.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It is a half 5 evening game, packed Villa park. The atmosphere will be electric lets hope they give us a better showing than the pathetic one at the custard bowl  

You are right about the atmosphere, it will be fantastic. The team will thrive off it too!

48 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think I would go for:

Johnstone

Elmo     Terry     Chester    Taylor

Thor 

Snoddz  Hourihane Grealish  Adomah

Grabban

Grabban and Adomah to score 2-0. Villa fans go crazy, we win the next 5 games, get promoted and everyone is happy. VillaTalk is united and we all agree, thus bringing about the end of the universe.

I would be happy with this team.

Great opportunity to level  the score with Wolves and make a statement coming in to the final stages of the season.

What a confidence boost a win would be here for our team. It would give us a lot more belief in the big games that come after it without doubt.

We conceded 2nd spot to Cardiff recently, this is the perfect opportunity to make amends, winning would put us 4 points behind Wolves.

17 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

We conceded 2nd spot to Cardiff recently, this is the perfect opportunity to make amends, winning would put us 4 points behind Wolves.

Pedant alert, but we’d need Leeds to win tonight for this to be the case.

But otherwise, yes agree with everything else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Pedant alert, but we’d need Leeds to win tonight for this to be the case.

But otherwise, yes agree with everything else.

Thanks, I overlooked that. Go Leeds!

• Haha 1