• Grabban
    • Hogan
    • Jedinak (Whelan 60)
    • Grealish (Hogan 67)
    • Bjarnason (Grabban 76)
  2. 2. Manager's performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/18 at 17:30

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Didn't play particularly well and didn't have to.

3-0 away from home without breaking sweat. 

I feel bad for Sunderland fans, but it's another good night for us.

Incredibly, 66 points is the 6th highest total in any season in our 143 year history.

What's incredible about it? For the majority of our 143 history it was 2 points for a win

• Like 2

Only able to watch first half

1 Sunderland are a horrible, horrible team

2 across the board our players had a higher level of class

3 Sunderland did have 1 or 2 good athletes, that might be effective if they weren’t surrounded by dross   

Wow that was the most boring 3-0 win I have ever seen. It was so easy.  Hourihane/Grabban MOTM for me. Grealish was on another level when he came on. If he played from the start then I think we could've won by 5 or 6.  Nice to see Adomah get a training match in before Saturday. 

A massive 3 points away from home. Great win.

Sunderland looks a horrible job to be having but I hope they survive overtaking the Sty and sending them down instead.

Nice warm up for Saturday and hopefully we will take the game to Wolves and pick up another 3 points.

Went last night, and echo what has already been said. We didn't play that well, but we didn't have to. Grealish looked sharp on his return to the first team, so hopefully he'll start against the dog heads.

A note on Sunderland, I couldn't even be bothered to take the Mick out of the Sunderland lads at work. That's how bad they were!

Edited by dAVe80

Its difficult to play your best football, when you can get the result without having to.

not what we want......but thats the reality.

Bruce himself has been ctitical of the performance, but perhaps he is obliged to....He knows the score.

Edited by TRO

Agree with a lot of the thoughts about the standard of the game, not entirely our fault but for long periods it was hideous. A million miles away from Premiership standard. Fair enough we walked it, and even before Freakish Gresford came on we'd played some nice stuff occasionally, but at times it was really bad.

Taylor was tidy, Chester had a great game for me, Hourihane was great till he started blowing out his arse with 10 or 15 mins to go. 

Onwards and upwards though, sets up Saturday and it was a massive three points given results elsewhere. Beat Wolves and it gets a step closer to being a 3 horse race for the title. 

15 hours ago, TRO said:

Terrible, terrible team Sunderland....as a matter if interest..How did the form boys Fulham get on there?

Fulham lost 1-0

• Like 1

Nice comments from Bruce re Sunderland. Fair play.

I've enjoyed winning the game. But I take no happiness in the situation that's going on here.

When I think back to the team I had and finishing 10th in the Premier League, with a full house every week, then it makes it sad to see.

They're in a difficult situation.

On ‎7‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 09:26, flashingqwerty said:

the Jekyll and Hyde of SB tonight

thought the lineup was decent and the setup suited the opposition.

However, the players didn't seem motivated and were at times sloppy.

Then taking off both forwards and not bringing one on, basically inviting them onto us leaving no outlet is just mental.

If Davis wasn't fit to play 20 minutes, why was he on the bench?  And if he was fit then why in gods name did you leave us without a striker?

For me these weird choices he makes are what prevent him from being a top manager and are the reason, promoted or not, that i don't want him here next season.

Accident waiting to happen

just to think that we created our best 2 opportunities (snoddy's pass to adomah when one on one and adomah's shot when put through by grealish) without a striker... 

On 08/03/2018 at 02:35, Skills said:

just to think that we created our best 2 opportunities (snoddy's pass to adomah when one on one and adomah's shot when put through by grealish) without a striker... 

Sunderland created their best chances after that change - go figure...

Â