Formula One - 2018

BOF

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Wtf has vettell done to his hair!?!? 

he appears to have balanced a small ball of it on top of his head.

Looks like he went to the barbers with his cap still on & said cut that bit.

Still it's better than these i guess

ZunOjz6.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm looking forward to getting the F1 back on, its actually taken over from football as my second sport these days.

Shame for Ricciardo, harsh punishment that was and I'm gutted that Force India didn't place higher on the grid, I always like to see them do well.

Business as usual though (minus Bottas) Hamilton up top with both ferraris chasing him and Max chasing them.

10 laps in, as you were at the front and now teams seem to all be saving their tyres. 

A big part of the commentators weekend is convincing the viewers something exciting will happen soon.

giphy.gif

Just now, leemond2008 said:

I hate Vettel, he worked that to his advantage well, Hamilton couldn't do anything about it

Vettel was incredibly fortunate with how that played out, he’s not my favourite person in the world but I like him far more than Lewis.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Vettel was incredibly fortunate with how that played out, he’s not my favourite person in the world but I like him far more than Lewis.

I don't have as much of a problem with Hamilton as most people, I think that it is mainly because I dislike Vettel so much

some close cars, but the "battle" for 5th wasn't really a battle, never any threat of over takes. Hopefully future tracks see better attempts at overtaking. Still, great result for Alonso.

Also, Hamilton turning down the power with 3-4 laps to go was very depressing.

Edited by Rodders

Must remember this is a street circuit with very little chance of overtaking anywhere. The fact that the first 4 were separated only by a few seconds gives me hope that there will actually be some racing beyond Lap 1 this season (even if the safety car is what brought them closer).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Must remember this is a street circuit with very little chance of overtaking anywhere. The fact that the first 4 were separated only by a few seconds gives me hope that there will actually be some racing beyond Lap 1 this season (even if the safety car is what brought them closer).

The Mercedes is built to lead races, if Lewis hits the front into turn 1 then I don’t think anyone can get close on raw pace. 

On the flip side it seems to really struggle in traffic, the fact Bottas struggled when out of position and Hamilton never threatened to get past Vettel.

I’m expecting even with several unlucky weekends they’ll still romp it.

Edited by Genie

I know it’s within the rules, but it seems such a cheat that vettel can win courtesy of a virtual safety. He was never close to Lewis, and even with Lewis having to slow later on I don’t think vettel would’ve got past.

Also seems very convenient that both Haas vehicles had the tyre put on wrong... who provides their engines again?? 

54 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I know it’s within the rules, but it seems such a cheat that vettel can win courtesy of a virtual safety. He was never close to Lewis, and even with Lewis having to slow later on I don’t think vettel would’ve got past.

Also seems very convenient that both Haas vehicles had the tyre put on wrong... who provides their engines again?? 

Not just their engines, about 90% of their parts (but I don’t personally think they did it on purpose)

So I have a question about the Virtual Safety Car. I haven't followed F1 too closely the last couple of years so not quite sure of the rule.

When Vettel got ahead of Hamilton, the commentators (Channel 4) seemed bemused as to how he'd got ahead and put it down to the burst of speed Vettel would have had entering the pitlane, which didn't seem to add up to me.

To me it was more obvious. They were obviously lapping at a pace where if vettel pitted, he'd come out behind Hamilton. They said pitting was about a 23 second delay. So if Hamilton was lapping say 15 seconds behind vettel, he'd overtake him while Vettel was in the pits.

When the VSC happened, they all got limited to a set speed limit right? Obviously far slower than race pace. So now all of a sudden that 15 second gap that Vettel had is actually a 30 second gap (not exact numbers, I'm simplifying) because when vettel pits Hamilton is going significantly slower so it takes him longer to make up the distance.

Have I got that wrong? The commentators didn't seem to suggest that, which seemed like the obvious reason Vettel leapfrogged Hamilton, which makes me think I don't understand the rule properly.

Edited by Stevo985