Formula One - 2018

BOF

Red Bull have confirmed Gasly. I think he's good enough. Just a pity his teammate is one of the biggest talents of the last 40 years. 

Pretty routine race and victory for Vettel yesterday. Didn't exactly hold my attention for the duration after the carnage on the first lap.

That accident was a good advert for the halo. That would have either been a nasty accident or a very close call without it.

I saw nothing of yesterday's race, for shame.  My favourite track.  A bittersweet day for Force India who had their best points haul just after having all their points removed.  They'd be knocking on the door of 4th now.  And racefans.net seems to think the legalities of the ownership battle is far from over too.

Just caught the end of the Senna thing on ITV and it was rather enlightening.

I had a very different picture of Senna than came across (i.e. unfavourable and now not so)  and then reading about (and watching) the incident at Belgium 1992 with Erik Comas makes me think more than twice.

No one else stopped.

Vettell lost it again, Lewis had the racing line into the second part of the corner and had both front wheels in front of Vettell who had enough room on he's left to back off and concede the position, instead he turns in knowing he's going to cause contact. He's stupid because like in Singapore last season this was the race he tossed away a world championship this year, merc have good reliability so ferrari need to win nearly every race or hope Lewis has at least 1 race ending problem. 

As for max, since being in f1 he has broke the 1 movement rule how many times, good on bottas for sticking with it as verstappen could've caused a big accident. No surprise prize prick Christian horner said it was 50/50

23 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

As for max, since being in f1 he has broke the 1 movement rule how many times, good on bottas for sticking with it as verstappen could've caused a big accident. No surprise prize prick Christian horner said it was 50/50

He blatantly tried to squeeze him out. Either force him to back out (although they were already under heavy breaking so not sure it was even possible) or force him onto the grass and crash.

He was being a dangerous word removed. Again. As usual he just does what he wants and relies on others to get out of his way.

Well that was an absolute disaster for Ferrari.  In their own backyard with the faster car and a front row lockout, to then allow Hamilton to walk away with the win and extend his Championship lead to 30pts with 7 races to go instead of cutting it to either 10pts or even 7pts with a Kimi 2nd place. Mama Mia!  It may not be the final nail in the coffin, but by McGrath it's a bloody big one and if Lewis ends up winning the WDC they'll all look back at Monza as a key race.

Lewis and Merc have shown time and again that even if they're not the fastest, they will do their best race and you will probably have to be flawless to beat them.  Ferrari and Vettel, on the other hand, have shown that even when they are the fastest, they can be error prone and give their rivals a chance.

Lewis, through consistency and brilliance, has stolen and been gifted a good few wins this season, and I think this would go down as possibly the best title of his career.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well that was an absolute disaster for Ferrari.  In their own backyard with the faster car and a front row lockout, to then allow Hamilton to walk away with the win and extend his Championship lead to 30pts with 7 races to go instead of cutting it to either 10pts or even 7pts with a Kimi 2nd place. Mama Mia!  It may not be the final nail in the coffin, but by McGrath it's a bloody big one and if Lewis ends up winning the WDC they'll all look back at Monza as a key race.

Lewis and Merc have shown time and again that even if they're not the fastest, they will do their best race and you will probably have to be flawless to beat them.  Ferrari and Vettel, on the other hand, have shown that even when they are the fastest, they can be error prone and give their rivals a chance.

Lewis, through consistency and brilliance, has stolen and been gifted a good few wins this season, and I think this would go down as possibly the best title of his career.

Yeah the Mercedes tactics were perfect when they left Bottas out to hold up Kimi. Shows the value of having a proper team player in that number 2 seat. Hurting his own race for the good of Lewis.

But seriously, it's insane how young the drivers are getting.

I know I give Verstappen shit, but the thought of a teenager having the balls and the mental capacity to compete in an F1 race is mindblowing.

Just need Merc to get George Russell into F1 next year too and we'll have some more top quality rookies.  Both Brits too FWIW.  Both top 2 in F2 as we speak (Russell #1)

IndyCar will race at the Circuit of the Americas in 2019, meaning they will race in the same year on the same track as Formula One for the first time since 2006, when both series' shared Montreal's Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.