• Onomah
    • Hogan
    • Grabben (Snodgrass 45)
    • Davis (Hourihane 45)
    • Elmohamady (Tuanzebe 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/02/18 at 15:00

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I hope we learnt the lesson that we need to have players on the pitch that can make us score goals. If we dont have our creative players (Grealish and Adomah) available, at least put in some forwards we can hoof it to and try to score. Grafters in the middle and Hogan alone is deemed to fail.

I believe we did at half time

7 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

One of those strange games where nobody can deservedly claim man of the match, not because it was a horrible performance, but because nobody really stood out. 

It wasn't a great performance or result but not a disaster. We need to improve and get a few players back fit.

I think if either Elmo or Taylor or both need to be in the team, because without them we lack any threat from full back, which makes us so predictable. It's just one element from this game that stood out tactically for me. 

Other than that we have an evident lack of quality in central midfield, with Bjarnason and Jedinak both giving the ball away needlessly and frequently. And Hogan obviously thrives with the workrate and trickery of both Adomah and Snodgrass but isn't quite capable of creating something from nothing or carving chances for himself. 

Davis is a good option from the bench, but doesn't seem like a goalscorer. Terry looked a bit fatigued. 

Adomah is a player I can't abide, I can't see why our youngsters are being kept out of the team for him. 

Psst, you mean Onomah....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I hope we learnt the lesson that we need to have players on the pitch that can make us score goals. If we dont have our creative players (Grealish and Adomah) available, at least put in some forwards we can hoof it to and try to score. Grafters in the middle and Hogan alone is deemed to fail.

100% this But I fear that lesson has been seen many times in the last 17 months without the penny dropping.

6 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Adomah is a player I can't abide, I can't see why our youngsters are being kept out of the team for him. 

Yes, at last somebody is criticising the player we are clearly missing right now who scores most of our goals... from the wing. I've been crying out for this kind of common sense. Please cancel Adomah's contract whilst we've still got a chance of second.

• Haha 1

Delighted the Ref was so poor as it was Never a Penalty.

Annoyed and frustrated at Bruce - benefit of the doubt Away at Fulham but at Home that line up was too negative, his old failing.

Credit though for changing it and hopefully the Point is the difference between a blip and a slump.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

I don't think we should go after Bruce so hard. He is what he is, and nothing's going to change by the end of the season.

His team selection was predictable, switching Onomah for someone else would not have changed the game. This time Bruce has a legitimate excuse: injuries.

I chose Chester as MotM since I don't remember any major blunders from him. Terry had his worst game for us, and I would also note he has made other mistakes lately too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I don't think we should go after Bruce so hard. He is what he is, and nothing's going to change by the end of the season.

His team selection was predictable, switching Onomah for someone else would not have changed the game. This time Bruce has a legitimate excuse: injuries.

I chose Chester as MotM since I don't remember any major blunders from him. Terry had his worst game for us, and I would also note he has made other mistakes lately too.

He did react appropriately after half time though, so I'll only fault him for how he set up at the beginning. Too defensive and cautious and it nearly cost us the game. We were never going to tear them a new one with that midfield and Hogan on top. Earlier part of the season would have hinted at that. If we hoof, we need Davis.

I too though Terry looked iffy today which is a tad worrying. Glad we have reliable Chester in one piece. 

Personally I chose Hutton, because Hutton.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be too hardon JT. He is 37 and has played 2 games in 3 days.

Most likely knackered and perhaps should have been rested.

• Like 1

Weird game. Thought we were crap but still had ample chances to win it. 

Hutton good, Grabban good. Onomah I don’t like but he played alright on the ball, just a lazy bastard off it. 

Wrong team from the start. Farcical refereeing. Crowd a bit crap too. Bit of a rubbish night really. Still, a point is better than none. 

4 minutes ago, jim said:

I wouldn’t be too hardon JT. He is 37 and has played 2 games in 3 days.

Most likely knackered and perhaps should have been rested.

I love JT. But it's only fair to criticise him when he's not done well too. I'm sure he's not happy with that performance himself.

We looked completely disorganised and disjointed througout and were quite lucky to take a point. A positive was that Grabben looks useful and a handful so needs to start (assuming Grealish and Adomah are out for the weekend)

I didn’t expect to win tonight as we seem absolutely clueless without Grealish. Hogan is redundant when Jack isn’t there. We’re just a better outfit with Grealish and Adomah. Was lucky to get the pen, silly foul by them. Soft but they get given. Saved us as PNE we’re coming right at us until the death. We looked more of a threat with Grabben but we need much more composure across the park. 

Needed to win tonight but I just didn’t see that ever happening. A point keeps us in the mix for automatic but we need much better if we’re going to try and keep pushing for second. Need to beat Sheff Weds away on Sat to try keep pace with the automatic places as I fully expect Derby to win tomorrow. We desperately need Grealish back. 

We were second best tonight, but when the ball falls to your striker with the goal at your mercy he has to get it on target!

The game for me was worth it though for that fracas between their two players at the end, comedy gold that!

EDIT - Just seen the highlights, i was unfair on Davis as it was a lot further out than i saw from my angle and it was a great bit of play from him to start the move in the first place.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

I was unable to see the first half, so I won’t criticize line-up, but we appeared to be “winging it” on the attack.  No coherent plan the players were on

i did notice that every time Jedi committed a foul, he pointed (angrily?) toward the bench.   Anybody know what that was about?

3 pages and no ones mentioned Johnstones clanger, thats 2 in 2 games now. If Steer was fit I would drop SJ for the next match. He seems to be going backwards just now.

Â