• Onomah
    • Hogan
    • Grabben (Snodgrass 45)
    • Davis (Hourihane 45)
    • Elmohamady (Tuanzebe 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/02/18 at 15:00

I gotta be honest. That second half was just pure fun watching, not because it was beautiful (it truly wasn't), just because of the emotional rollercoaster. Pure ping pong.

How I begged for one of those two Hutton screamers to go in. I would have **** jumped off my balcony! *Disclaimer* It ain't that high up, still though..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We were so poor tonight how we left with anything it literally was a smash and grabb. 

We are struggling and struggling badly. We are going to lose a hell of a lot of games playing that poorly.

cardiff can go 5 ahead of us now, terrible

Cardiff got some tough games coming up, Ipswich, Bristol City, Brentford so wouldn't worry to much, Derby we need to watch out for.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce's changes were quite attacking at half time. He couldn't really leave us to light in the middle as they were bossing the game physically. I'm not sure what other changes he could make. 

I think it opened up the game more, which favored us. If we're gonna hoof, better have the firing squad ready to receive targets. I'd say it worked.

• Like 1

That defensive type team selection was fine away from home at Fulham despite losing there as i said before and during that game but I was surprised we played like that at home.  So I was very disappointed with the starting line up, still dont know why Josh gets into the team.  Think we were lucky with the penalty but the result seems fair, Preston are decent but dirty.  Disappointing as we needed to bounce back tonight and couldve done with 3 points, so we have to hope that Cardiff slips up.  Need the boys back quickly though from injury as Hogan looks lost upfront without support from them and we dont play to his strengths when we play defensively.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I think it opened up the game more, which favored us. If we're gonna hoof, better have the firing squad ready to receive targets. I'd say it worked.

It did. We also had two water carriers mopping up. They were both crap but gave us more presence for the battle in the middle. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

Bruce didn't learn from the mistakes against Fulham for me, poor from him. Gifted another goal and wasted chances. In the end it's a point which is better than a kick in bollocks but still, we should have won that. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not our best performance but I'll take that, not a bad team are Preston, even Wolves Struggled a draw against them

Yes they are a decent team, but that performance and result was more down to us being absolutely horrific, and less them being good.

• Like 1

One of those strange games where nobody can deservedly claim man of the match, not because it was a horrible performance, but because nobody really stood out. 

It wasn't a great performance or result but not a disaster. We need to improve and get a few players back fit.

I think if either Elmo or Taylor or both need to be in the team, because without them we lack any threat from full back, which makes us so predictable. It's just one element from this game that stood out tactically for me. 

Other than that we have an evident lack of quality in central midfield, with Bjarnason and Jedinak both giving the ball away needlessly and frequently. And Hogan obviously thrives with the workrate and trickery of both Adomah and Snodgrass but isn't quite capable of creating something from nothing or carving chances for himself. 

Davis is a good option from the bench, but doesn't seem like a goalscorer. Terry looked a bit fatigued. 

Adomah is a player I can't abide, I can't see why our youngsters are being kept out of the team for him. 

Without Jack and Albert,  Hogan's just not going to work out for us up front. Davis doesn't really score but is a better target as much as Hogan's work rate is excellent. If Jack and Albert are out next game Grabban and Davis need to play. 

• Like 1

Â