Preston Fan

Mortis

12 minutes ago, limpid said:

Welcome

Thanks , just leaving as I know the traffic can be awful - Bartons Arms seems to be the place to park so going for that :)

Mortis

Hello @Mortis.

It would be great to see Preston back in the top flight one day soon, so I’d be happy if you clinched a play off spot.

Wish I was going tonight as Aston Villa v Preston North End has a proper old fashioned feel to it. Hopefully we’ll see it’ll be a regular Premier League fixture soon.

Best of luck for the rest of the season (after tonight, of course ;)).

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Hello @Mortis.

It would be great to see Preston back in the top flight one day soon, so I’d be happy if you clinched a play off spot.

Wish I was going tonight as Aston Villa v Preston North End has a proper old fashioned feel to it. Hopefully we’ll see it’ll be a regular Premier League fixture soon.

Best of luck for the rest of the season (after tonight, of course ;)).

Thanks I also feel it has a proper feel about it , if the Prem one day happens for us great but its just good to see us at the top end of the Championship - all the very best for the rest of the season 

Mortis

1 hour ago, Mortis said:

Good afternoon Preston fan in peace :) , one of the few away games in this League I look forward to , superb ground , proper football club with proper fans , having spent a chunk of the last 30 years in the bottom echelons of english football and not seen top flight football since the 1950's games like Aston Villa away evoke memories of a top flight fixture , win / lose or draw the players wearing White tonight ( maybe yellow ) will give it there all and I can ask for no more , we have the third smallest budget in the division behind I am lead to believe Burton and Barnsley and have assembled this squad for just under £2 million we really are punching way above our weight to be anything above fighting against relegation , in fairness having only lost six all season ( and 4 of those on a bounce when we had 7-8 players out against you , Brentford , Wolves and Ipswich ) we have only lost 2 of the other 25 against Derby 1-0 and Boro 2-3 , unfortunately our problem has been at home with way too many sterile games and draws ( we have only won one against the bottom 8 - Hull and not played Burton ) where as our away form is one defeat since the 3-0 defeat at Ipswich in November when he had to play a midfielder at centre half and where ravaged by injuries , you comfortably beat us at Deepdale and it could have been by a cricket score , I think we will put up more of a battle tonight but we have huge problems in midfield with no Gallagher , Johnson , Welsh and Pearson and thats where the game may be won and lost , we work hard , press all over the pitch and are decent at the back but do think tonight might be a game to much , regardless I wish you all the best for the rest of the season and think you will take the auto spot with Wolves although Fulham I still think are the ones you need to finish ahead of , I think we will finish around 10th but hoping to nick that 6th spot but we are having a great season and the 1000 or so tonight will roar the team on whether 2-0 up or 4-0 down 

Cheers

Mortis

Welcome. I hope you guys do well this season. Especially our old boys Robinson and Johnson. Pearson is back tonight isn't he? 

3 hours ago, Mortis said:

Good afternoon Preston fan in peace :) , one of the few away games in this League I look forward to , superb ground , proper football club with proper fans , having spent a chunk of the last 30 years in the bottom echelons of english football and not seen top flight football since the 1950's games like Aston Villa away evoke memories of a top flight fixture , win / lose or draw the players wearing White tonight ( maybe yellow ) will give it there all and I can ask for no more , we have the third smallest budget in the division behind I am lead to believe Burton and Barnsley and have assembled this squad for just under £2 million we really are punching way above our weight to be anything above fighting against relegation , in fairness having only lost six all season ( and 4 of those on a bounce when we had 7-8 players out against you , Brentford , Wolves and Ipswich ) we have only lost 2 of the other 25 against Derby 1-0 and Boro 2-3 , unfortunately our problem has been at home with way too many sterile games and draws ( we have only won one against the bottom 8 - Hull and not played Burton ) where as our away form is one defeat since the 3-0 defeat at Ipswich in November when he had to play a midfielder at centre half and where ravaged by injuries , you comfortably beat us at Deepdale and it could have been by a cricket score , I think we will put up more of a battle tonight but we have huge problems in midfield with no Gallagher , Johnson , Welsh and Pearson and thats where the game may be won and lost , we work hard , press all over the pitch and are decent at the back but do think tonight might be a game to much , regardless I wish you all the best for the rest of the season and think you will take the auto spot with Wolves although Fulham I still think are the ones you need to finish ahead of , I think we will finish around 10th but hoping to nick that 6th spot but we are having a great season and the 1000 or so tonight will roar the team on whether 2-0 up or 4-0 down 

Cheers

Mortis

Lovely post , good wishes for the season except tonight of course .

lovely old club Preston .

Â