Current team vs Relegation team

Michael118

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

I've slightly miscalculated...

Their record is 5W (29%) 4D (23%) 8L (47%), which on average is 42 points per season.

Without them, our record is 18W (18%) 20D (21%) 59L (60%), which on average is 29 points per season.

If you include FA Cup games, their record goes up to 8W (38%) 5D (23%) 8L (38%).

Below are the games which they were paired up together in...

Premier League (2014/15)

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Southampton

Burnley 1 -  1 Aston Villa

Crystal Palace 0 - 1 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Leicester

West Brom 1 - 0 Aston Villa (Richardson sent off after 22 mins)

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Manchester United

Aston Villa 0 - 0 Crystal Palace

Leicester 1 - 0 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Bournemouth

Arsenal 5 - 0 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Chelsea

Hull 2 - 0 Aston Villa 

Newcastle 1 - 0 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 2 - 1 West Brom

Sunderland 0 - 4 Aston Villa

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Swansea

Manchester United 3 - 1 Aston Villa

FA Cup (2014/15)

Aston Villa 1 - 0 Blackpool

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Bournemouth

Aston Villa 2 - 0 West Brom

FA Cup (2015/16)

Wycombe 1 - 1 Aston Villa

What this shows is the stats are massively skewed by the fact that they didn't play a single league game together in the season we got relegated.

Now YOU might argue that we wouldn't have lost so many games if they did. But those of us living in reality know that that's not the case and given that we lost a LOT of matches that season, it would push the stat back towards reflecting reality.

48 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I disagree that he looked terrible. The whole team went 'off the boil'...

If he regressed at all from the previous season, I don't think it was anything he couldn't have bounced back from.

Our record with him playing that season is actually fairly decent - 2 wins, 5 draws & 5 losses. Over a whole season that's 35 points, more than twice what we ended up with. 

He did look terrible, and that's why he currently struggles to get into a mid-table Danish team.

Edit: I'm not trying to be mean to him. I liked him, and he suffered a bad injury. It happens.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

What this shows is the stats are massively skewed by the fact that they didn't play a single league game together in the season we got relegated.

Now YOU might argue that we wouldn't have lost so many games if they did. But those of us living in reality know that that's not the case and given that we lost a LOT of matches that season, it would push the stat back towards reflecting reality.

Yeah, well that was my argument from the beginning. No way we would we have come close to getting relegated if we started and stuck with 'Team A' from the beginning of 2015/16.

9 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Yeah, well that was my argument from the beginning. No way we would we have come close to getting relegated if we started and stuck with 'Team A' from the beginning of 2015/16.

You're entitled to your opinion. But it's nonsense.

I liked Kozak but Team A :crylaugh:It looks like a Championship team on your first season on Football Manager where your first 5 signings are players with a high ‘PA’, which is effectively what it was.

You just have to look at where each individual is at this moment in time to see how wrong that post is. Aside from that, football is as much about the 11 as it is the 1. Imagine a crocked Okore, Aly **** Cissokho and Ciaran Clark with only a 3 man midfield in front of them? Unless you’re expecting Traore and Gil to provide the support from their inside forward positions in which case LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Maybe Kozak and Okore could have been okay players if they hadn’t had the injuries.

46 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I liked Kozak but Team A :crylaugh:It looks like a Championship team on your first season on Football Manager where your first 5 signings are players with a high ‘PA’, which is effectively what it was.

You just have to look at where each individual is at this moment in time to see how wrong that post is. Aside from that, football is as much about the 11 as it is the 1. Imagine a crocked Okore, Aly **** Cissokho and Ciaran Clark with only a 3 man midfield in front of them? Unless you’re expecting Traore and Gil to provide the support from their inside forward positions in which case LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Maybe Kozak and Okore could have been okay players if they hadn’t had the injuries.

That 3 man midfield all have experience as central defensive midfielders, one of which is currently one of the best CDM's in the Premier League.

Traore and Gil can play at RW & LW if necessary. 

It's about recognizing players with quality, playing them in a role which they are most suited to and employing a decent manager who will keep them on their toes. The basics which we were never even got half right in 2015/16.

Edited by Michael118

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He did look terrible, and that's why he currently struggles to get into a mid-table Danish team.

Edit: I'm not trying to be mean to him. I liked him, and he suffered a bad injury. It happens.

Okore suffered an injury in August which kept him out of AaB's squad for 2 games and on the bench for 2 of the first 3 games when he returned. If you exclude those matches and his first match for them where he played 75 mins, he's played every minute of every game for AaB this season, incuding captaining them for 3 games during October after he returned.

Okore dreams of returning to England

Jores Okore does not hide the fact that he wants to be sold from AaB before contract expiry

Jan 25, 2018

Jores Okore was presented this summer as AaB player until summer 2020.

However, if it is the strong defender, he has already found a shirt other than the Bolch striker to pull over his head.

The dream is to come back to Europe again.

"I still have a dream of being able to play in England again, or Germany, France or Spain, for example. And that's what I feel I can achieve and what I want with my career. I would never say anything negative about my time here in the AaB, but I would not like to say that I'm AaB playing the rest of my career because what happens if I can be sold, Okore says.

At the same time, he concludes that he believes this is a realistic goal.

Okore has previously played three years in English football where he dunned out for Birmingham club Aston Villa from 2013 to 2016.

https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/okore-droemmer-om-retur-til-england

Edited by Michael118

On 17/02/2018 at 04:24, Michael118 said:

I disagree that he looked terrible. The whole team went 'off the boil'...

If he regressed at all from the previous season, I don't think it was anything he couldn't have bounced back from.

Our record with him playing that season is actually fairly decent - 2 wins, 5 draws & 5 losses. Over a whole season that's 35 points, more than twice what we ended up with. 

35 points still gets you relegated though. This is one the strangest threads I've seen on VT yet. I hope I've said that politely enough.

On 15/02/2018 at 19:18, Michael118 said:

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN CREATED FROM A SERIES OF POSTS IN THE LIBOR KOZAK THREAD - NV

One thing I can say with near certainty is over a full season in the Premier League, Team A survives (as a minimum) and wipes the floor with Team B which more than likely gets relegated.

(a)        

Guzan

Hutton    Okore    Clark    Amavi/Cissokho

Bacuna   Gueye   Westwood

Traore      Gil            

Kozak 

Manager: Sam Allardyce or Tony Pulis 

(b)

Johnstone

Elmo        Chester      Terry       Taylor

Bjarnason    Hourihane

Snodgrass      Grealish       Adomah

Hogan

Manager: Steve Bruce

It didn't. They gave up. They weren't good enough. You're like the angel of death. Why wait until a defeat to publish this?

Â