Current team vs Relegation team

Michael118

Chelsea Transfer News: Middlesbrough want £20m for Antonio Conte target Adama Traore

Middlesbrough are willing to sell Adama Traore for the right price

Jun 21, 2017

The former Aston Villa man had a hit and miss season for the relegated side.

Traore, 21, showed glimpses of quality but never kicked on for Boro.

However, according to the Evening Standard, Chelsea are keen on the former Barcelona youngster.

They say Antonio Conte is desperate to bring in another attacker to support Eden Hazard, Pedro and Willian in his Blues attack.

The Standard add that Boro are willing to sell Traore for the right price, which is thought to be around £20m.

The Blues enquired about the winger in January while negotiating the sale of Patrick Bamford. 

Traore who failed to score in all competitions last season, has three years remaining on his current contract.

Conte is keen to make signings this summer with Champions League football back at Stamford Bridge. 

Starsport understands the Blues boss is also eyeing Romelu Lukaku and Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko. 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/624006/Chelsea-Adama-Traore-Middlesbrough-Antonio-Conte-Eden-Hazard-Costa-rumours-gossip-news

Edited by Michael118

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

So when you said Chelsea wanted him for £20m what you actually meant was:

Chelsea wanted him, were quoted £20m and weren't interested

?

That is of course assuming the story is even true. Given it's in the Daily Star I'd have a punt that it's made up.

On 16/02/2018 at 17:54, Michael118 said:

I disagree that he looked terrible. The whole team went 'off the boil'...

If he regressed at all from the previous season, I don't think it was anything he couldn't have bounced back from.

Our record with him playing that season is actually fairly decent - 2 wins, 5 draws & 5 losses. Over a whole season that's 35 points, more than twice what we ended up with. 

Why is he playing for a mid-table Danish side then?

On 2/21/2018 at 00:48, bannedfromHandV said:

Why is he playing for a mid-table Danish side then?

He originally signed with FC Copenhagen, who had qualified for the Champions League and finished on top of the table in 2015/16 & 2016/17.

Jores Okore will away from FC Copenhagen

The Dream is to come out in Europe again

May 21, 2017

There is no prospect that Jores Okore comes away from a reserve role in FCK, and therefore he will away for the summer.

After a less than successful stay in Aston Villa, defender Jores Okore last summer home turned to Danish football and entered a four year contract with FC Copenhagen.

It was going to kick start Okore's career, but that's not the case and now the former national team player is heading for another club change in the upcoming transfer window.

He has agreed with FC Copenhagen manager, Ståle Solbakken, who instead of Okore has had Mathias "Zanka" Jørgensen and Erik Johansson as his favourite stoppers.

"Both Steel and I have clarified the situation and that it is not durable. He has some other plans in his head, and that is fair enough. And I will not play a supporting role, says Jores Okore to BT.

"I would like to show what I can do, and it has Steel understanding, so I have to find something else. I can only have respect for the fact that Steel is direct and honest with me, as I am it to him, says Okore.

In total, Okore has been playing in nine games for FCK. Most recently he played was in mid-March when he was ripped off in the break of away game against Ajax. Here he had committed a pentalty against Kasper Dolberg.

FCK is planning to sell "Zanka" Jørgensen this summmer, but instead of betting on Okore, Steel Solbakken has picked up the check out Michael Lüftner for the center defense. 

When Okore last summer changed to FCK, he also had other Danish opportunites. FC Midtjylland was one of those confirming Okore according to BT.

He also says to the newspaper that he is not dismissive of a move to Eksklubben FC Nordsjælland.

http://sport.tv2.dk/fodbold/2017-05-21-jores-okore-vil-vaek-fra-fc-kobenhavn

Ståle Solbakken: Jores Okore talks with Danish club

FC Copenagen Manager, Ståle Solbakken, has given a Danish club permission to negotiate with Jores Okore.

May 21, 2017

FC Copenhagen defender Jores Okore has announced that he wants to leave the club this summer.

Okore was picked up for FCK before this season but has not gotten much playtime.

Manager Ståle Solbakken explains that the club and Okore have agreed on a farewell.

"We agreed on it 14 days ago and there is a Danish club that has called me and that club has been allowed to talk to Jores, says Solbakken.

"Jores is now once picked up for the club, without a large transfer deal paid, and it was a calculated risk that both sides took and it has not worked as it should.

"I'm 100 per cent sure he's gone before the next season goes off", says Solbakken.

24 year old Okore has just got 8 games in Alka's Superliga, but Steele Solbakken will not say that he is disappointed with Okore's level.

"I have not been disappointed, but he came to FCK, after he had been away from football for some time because of damage. He has played some matches that have gone well while some have gone less well.

"Jores must have 20-25 matches in a row, and it is both he and I believe that he needs to get back on his old level. But I cannot give him in FCK".

"I do not operate a social association, but are paid to win football matches and win trophies, and I have had two middle stops (Mathias "Zaanka" Jørgensen and Erik Johansson), who may have been the best stopperpar in Danish football history", says the manager.

FC Copenhagen has already secured a new central defender for the next season, when Czech Michael Lüftner is picked up for the club from Slavia Prague.

Steele Solbakken therefore has no plans to pick up more reinforcements for the square despite parting with Jores Okore.

"We have aready picked up a middle stop, we have Erik Johansson, Nicolai Central defense can play in the game and we also have Mikael Antonsson, so we have the four we need", says Solbakken.

Ståle Solbakken stresses that FCK does not yet agree with the Danish club for a price of Okore.

https://www.fyens.dk/sport/Staale-Solbakken-Jores-Okore-taler-med-dansk-klub/artikel/3151903

Official: Jores Okore is a AaB player

Defender has already taken to the training camp with his new teammates

July 6, 2017

Aab has announced this evening that they have signed the former FCK player Jores Okore, who previously represented the national team changed to AaB on an agreement until June 2020. 

"It is no secret that Jores Okore since last season's end has been a top priority in the efforts to strengthen us in central defence, and we are pleased that the cooperation is now a reality", says AaB's sports director Allan Gaarde about the purchase.

In the past, North Jutland had a line-up after the strong defender, but it seemed that the negotiations had stalled.

It can therefore come as a happy surprise to AaB's fans that it is now possible to land an agreement with 24 year old Jores Okore, which Gaarde and Co. bought free from it's now former employer, the Danish champions FCK.

"Everyone in Danish football knows that a Jores Okore in top form is a huge capacity, and there we must have brought him after a season with just eight games in FCK. Jores' speed, duel and Air Force can make a big difference to our team, and I am convinced that Jores will find that Aab can make a difference to him", says Allan Gaarde.

In addition to FCK, Jores Okore has also played for English Aston Villa and FC Nordsjælland where current AaB coach Morten Wieghorst stood at the helm.

In Aston VIlla, Okore played 47 official matches including 38 matches in the Premier League. In FC Nordsjælland, Weighorst was the man who gave Okore his Super League debut, and together they won the Cup final in 2011.

"It has of course been a crucial factor for me that Morten Wieghorst is a coach at AaB. We know each other, and I'm sure that Morten and AaB can help me back at the level I know I can still play on", says Jores Okore.

Okore has represented the Danish national team eight times, and he gets jersey number 15 at AaB.

https://www.tv2nord.dk/artikel/officielt-jores-okore-er-aab-spiller

Edited by Michael118

36 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

The question was why does he now play for a mid-table team if he is PL quality?

Pasting a load of random links about the timeline of his decline does not answer the question.

45 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

He couldn't get a kick for them.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The question was why does he now play for a mid-table team if he is PL quality?

Pasting a load of random links about the timeline of his decline does not answer the question.

So playing for a midtable Danish team automatically means you haven't got the potential to make it in the Premier League?

The articles show -

1. He signed with FC Copenhagen, who had qualified for the Champions League when he joined them.

2. He wasn't able to break into their starting 11 because their manager regarded their starting centre backs as "the best stopperpar in Danish football history".

3. Injuries were a factor and he wanted to be playing regularly to get back to his best, which they weren't able to offer him at FCK.

4. Morton Wieghorst, who gave him his Danish Superliga debut and won the Danish Cup under in 2011, is the manager of AaB and was a big influence in him joining them.

Edited by Michael118

5 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

So playing for a midtable Danish team automatically means you haven't got the potential to make it in the Premier League?

The articles show -

1. He signed with FC Copenhagen, who had qualified for the Champions League when he joined them.

2. He wasn't able to break into their starting 11 because their manager regarded their starting centre backs as "the best stopperpar in Danish football history".

3. Injuries were a factor and he wanted to be playing regularly to get back to his best, which they weren't able to offer him at FCK.

4. Morton Wieghorst, who gave him his Super League debut and won the Danish Cup under in 2011, is the manager of AaB and was a big influence in him joining them.

You do understand the 'level' of Danish football right?

I can't claim to be an expert and for the sake of transparency I will admit to not having ever watched a Danish league match but I'll take a wild stab at it and suggest that it's somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd tiers of English football. Blackburn for example, would probably do very well and be challenging for the title were they to be parachuted into it - this has to form the basis of the opinion. We're not talking about an unknown kid here who's just broken into the first team, we're talking an established player with PL experience so if he had anything about him he would be playing at a higher level.

I don't even understand the relevance of any of what you've posted above.

I also don't know what a stopperpar is, assume it's when your mate thinks it's funny to block your golf ball from going into the hole on the only occasion that you hit GiR.

21 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I love the light relief of this thread to have a brief escape from the task in hand.  8/10 Would read again.

Totally. Saw it bumped and clicked for the buffé of lulz in these e'er so nervous times.

• Like 2

Â