books vs movies

LT_1993

books or movies  

17 members have voted

1. 1. books or movies

• books
    • movies

Good book every time. You can really immerse yourself in a book.

I used to read loads but the last few years i haven't read as much but i'm making an effort to get back into it at the moment.

Good book every time. You can really immerse yourself in a book.

I used to read loads but the last few years i haven't read as much but i'm making an effort to get back into it at the moment.

have you read the phillip pullman "his dark materials" books they are very good reads

"we need to talk about kevin" is good aswell its a recount of a sons life from the mothers point of veiw and its all centerd round said son killing nine of his classmates and a teacher

Think most books that I've read that have been adapted into a film have left me disappointed

Take The Hoax that I read the other month , the film when i watched it on a plane a few weeks later was just nothing like it and ruined a good story ..same with Catch me if you can , whilst a good film , they left out soo many of the good books from the film

When I write a best seller I'm not going to let anyone adapt it for the bigscreen ..well unless they give me bucket loads of cash and then they can do what the hell they want to my crappy book :-)

Well you all knew how I was going to vote on this one. Books, every time.

I do enjoy a good film. And I'd rather see a good film than read a bad book. But I can't imagine living without books, they are as essential as food, drink, sleep and sex to me.

(BTW, finished 'Parade's End' (fantastic), currently reading - among others - William T. Vollmann's 'Europe Central').

Movies are easier to watch of course, you can get through a story in a couple of hours. You can probably talk to other people about movies more easily too.

But has there been a movie as good as the book Catch 22? Nope. So books win!

His Dark Materials are some of my favourite books of all time, and I just know I'm gonna be dissappointed with the film.

I suppose you get what you deserve when you get the director of American Pie to direct a film of such a complex and brilliant story like Northern Lights.

You reap what you sow, sadly.

Â