• Bjarnason
    • Hogan
    • Onomah (Elmohamady 45)
    • Grabban (Jedinak 67)
    • Davis (Snodgrass 88)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/18 at 19:45

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Snodgrass shit.

Hogan shit.

Onomah shit.

Hutton shit.

Johnstone shit.

Hourihane shit.

Onomah is nearly always shit, shame he wasn't sent back to spurs. 

Hourihane needs to make way for someone else now as he has been off the pace for a while now.

I think it was the wrong approach. 2 key injuries meant we shuffled the whole pack, I’m adamant we should have gone like for like. Grabban in for Adomah wide left (or Onomah but he had never looked good out wide as he showed when he came on) and O’Hare in for Jack keeping the rest as it was. Callum might not be ‘ready’ to make the role his own yet but I think we’ve paid for not keeping the system consistent today.

Lets pray Grealish is OK for tuesday as I think Bruce will go with today’s team otherwise. I’m afraid we never looked a goal threat today.

• Like 1

The good......Axle is a beast. Frightening potential with his physical attributes. For the first hour had sessignon in his pocket.

The bad.......Thought hourihane was off the pace today, got caught in possession a few times and generally 2nd to most things. 

The ugly......Missing half our attack in perhaps our hardest game of the season was unlucky and it showed, this was the pre Christmas tactics of attrition. 

However it worked in the first half but as soon as they scored the game was over.

Jack is simply vital to us as a team...god hope he' fit for Tues!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I think it was the wrong approach. 2 key injuries meant we shuffled the whole pack, I’m adamant we should have gone like for like. Grabban in for Adomah wide left (or Onomah but he had never looked good out wide as he showed when he came on) and O’Hare in for Jack keeping the rest as it was. Callum might not be ‘ready’ to make the role his own yet but I think we’ve paid for not keeping the system consistent today.

Lets pray Grealish is OK for tuesday as I think Bruce will go with today’s team otherwise. I’m afraid we never looked a goal threat today.

I don’t blame Bruce for this one.  First game you have to try something different (Grealish and Adomah injury forced) against a good side on a good run, it would be great to get it right at first call.   What he tried made sense, what you propose would have been my first choice, but sometimes when you have to try something new on short notice, you try something that doesn’t work.  Now, if you persist with what isn’t working, then I will go all critical again.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don’t get the Tuanzebe mom, he lost his man for the first goal. Good with the ball but kept getting drawn into the middle too often. 

Lots of honest endeavour from everyone but not enough quality today. Was always going to be a tough one and when the 2nd was such a freak goal we were always struggling.

Went to the game today.

First half was fairly even and we looked solid and were happy for Fulham to have the ball in non dangerous areas.

Second half Fulham deserved the win and we looked poor in midfield and offered little attacking threat.

The end of a good run but if we beat Preston we can start a new one.

MOTM for Villa - Axel Tuanzebe. 

• Like 1

We've had plenty of worse players in the squad than Onomah, but I struggle to name such a consistently shit player who keeps getting match time. I'd rather play with 10, he's a lazy bastard who looks like he can't be arsed being here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Don’t get the Tuanzebe mom, he lost his man for the first goal. Good with the ball but kept getting drawn into the middle too often. 

Lots of honest endeavour from everyone but not enough quality today. Was always going to be a tough one and when the 2nd was such a freak goal we were always struggling.

I have a hard time blaming the right back when the goal comes down the left side and pulled back to a late runner from pretty much middle of the park.  

• Like 1

Felt inevitable if I’m honest. Contained them well enough first half but at best we were only containing them. You’re always in it at 1-0 but we threw the game away ourselves with the gifted second goal. We couldn’t match their intensity and were well beaten. Losing Adomah we can deal with, but there’s no suitable replacement for Grealish. 

Tuesday is massive.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

We've had plenty of worse players in the squad than Onomah, but I struggle to name such a consistently shit player who keeps getting match time. I'd rather play with 10, he's a lazy bastard who looks like he can't be arsed being here.

He doesn't want it enough in my opinion.

• Like 1

My feeling of disappointment at losing this game is on the level of walking outside in your silk pyjamas, stepping in a puddle, and getting the pants leg wet. Slightly annoying, and a mild inconvenience.

Its not the end of the world. Its not like tripping over and falling face first into a pile of doggy doo in front of a gaggle of attractive women. We will recover, and we will save face, and Preston should be punished.

4 hours ago, villaglint said:

Also I don't know how many times Onomah has to play crap before OHare gets a chance. 

This this this. 

A lazy bloke who seems to think he’s better than us despite being shit, or our own kid who looks like he might be able to play the same sort of role as Grealish while he’s injured. 

Simply dont understand what Bruce sees in Onomah. It’s one thing being lazy when you’re brimming with talent, but I’ve no idea why anyone’s paying this bloke to be a professional footballer. 

• Thanks 1

It wasn’t that bad in my view.

Nothing between the 2 teams first half, and a goalkeeping howler gifted them the 2 goal lead. 

Fulham did indeed play well second half whereas we fell away, but these things happen.

I originally thought the line up was too negative but it didn’t turn out that way, we played positively enough. Problem was we only had 2 footballers in the side in Snodgrass and Hourihane, and Hourihane looked very dozen, as he has a habit of doing on occasion - I’d have Lansbury in for him on Tuesday.

My only real issue was/ is Birkir - surely the world and his dog saw enough of him earlier in the season to know he simply doesn’t have the speed of thought, or technical ability, to play other than holding role....he actually did OK first half but was totally out of his depth second.

Oh and Josh......agree with what’s been said......how does he keep O Hare or Lansbury out ?

Axel was, for the most part, excellent. 

We were missing 2 creative players, I’d say Bruce could’ve picked a better choice for one of those spots but it was all ok at half time so no real complaints.

Not the end of the world, we were never going to win every game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Beaten by a far better team !

I think Bruce had pretty much given up on the game before it started and put out a team that night have held on to a 0-0 but was never going to score at any point.

I've always stood up for Hogan but I'm getting a bit bored of him now. Yes he could be good if we played to his strengths but we never have and never will under Bruce so why keep playing him. Prefer to revert back to Davis as a hold up player to bring others into the game.

Hourihane was cack but then he always is !

Need to get it back on Tuesday.

Hourihane is a worry for me....too much a lightweight....not involved enough in the hustle.

yes, he scores great goals.....but we want 90 minutes if we have any aspirations.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Tshibola mk 2

• Like 1

Â