• Bjarnason
    • Hogan
    • Onomah (Elmohamady 45)
    • Grabban (Jedinak 67)
    • Davis (Snodgrass 88)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/18 at 19:45

Beaten by a far better team !

I think Bruce had pretty much given up on the game before it started and put out a team that night have held on to a 0-0 but was never going to score at any point.

I've always stood up for Hogan but I'm getting a bit bored of him now. Yes he could be good if we played to his strengths but we never have and never will under Bruce so why keep playing him. Prefer to revert back to Davis as a hold up player to bring others into the game.

Hourihane was cack but then he always is !

Need to get it back on Tuesday.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Some very strange people on this board...

A game I think which had been coming.  The good thing is that we get to correct it against Preston on Tuesday and we must be up for it.

We did..okay, for 45 minutes and had a couple of half chances.  That Barney shot on his weak foot probably being the pick.  Their goals for me were both gifts and not something I expect to become the norm.  We're usually much better than that defensively.  That said, I don't think Terry and Chester had much to do!

Snoddy looked better on the right.

Hogan I think is looking a bit of a shell again.  Apart from shooting and chasing down, I think he needs to get involved a bit more when we have it around their box.  Show for a give and go, don't just stand in the box looking for a picture perfect ball.

Shows how much we need grealish and adomah! 

Conor had another quiet game.  I've noticed he doesn't run with the ball much.  Maybe that's something he could improve on.

Axellooked good bar 1 or 2 moments.

Bruce got it as righr as he could given the circumstances.

I agree about the first 45 and snodgrass. Their goals were gifts and they could have had 2 or 3 more in the spell when we were all over the place at the back though.

Hogan had zero service today, Hourihane suffered from the change in shape and all the creative burden in the center being on his shoulders. Not sure Bruce did get it right really, the balance we have had between attack and defence was tipped much more to the defensive side with the starting 11,  the shape suffered as a result and so did our play. 

• Like 1

Back to reality.

We have been on a great run but the worrying thing is, when we come up against the teams also challenging we get turned over.

• Like 1

Bruce got it all wrong today. Yes, it was always going to be tough without Adomah and Grealish, but we made it even harder for ourselves by replacing them with a RB and a midfielder whos best performances for us have come as a DM. Tuanzebe wasn't a big issue though as Elmo had a decent game and is a decent enough winger, it was more bringing in Bjarnasson, we had no drive in CM, Lansbury would've been a better option IMO or even throwing in O'Hare.

Hogan upfront in the team we played today was never going to work, he doesn't get involved in the game enough when we try to soak up pressure, Grabban or Davis would've been a better fit today.

Would love to know what has happened to Green, last I saw he was regularly playing for the U23s but he seems to have just disappeared again, did he get another injury?

Onomah looks less interested with each game and has been getting shitter and shitter, I think it's time to stop letting him get in the way of developing our own players and leave him out of the team, maybe it will give him a kick up the arse to start putting some decent performances in too.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah we were on such a nice run in that shape, it might have been better to go like for like for Albert and Jack really. We might have been better with the ball.

well i guess maybe we couldn't, if Green wasn't fit as some have said. Not saying playing O'Hare or RHM would have got us the result either, just saying it might have given us a fighting chance.

Hogan can't do any kind of hold up play so hoofing it to him never works.

• Like 2

This was a game we thought we might lose anyway, even with Grealish and Adomah playing. So better to lose them for this one than the upcoming games, which we will expect to win. That is positive.

To be negative, I am surprised and disappointed that we are so abject because 2, admittedly important, players are missing.

Bruce needs to be more imaginative and offensive with his squad and use his subs sooner in stead of waiting until it is game over.

The squad was too negative - we showed them we were scared with that squad.

The game was lost before a ball was kicked, and many of us said that in the pre match thread.

I still think Bruce can take us up in second, but he needs to up his game, not just the players.

I just really hope we didnt peak too early with 15 to go. We need a positive run again, momentum is so crucial. All about winning games back to back to back. Generally this season we've won again after the odd loss.

But ill be worried if Adomah and Jack are still out on Tuesday. If they are, Bruce really needs to rethink how to set up. Dont think he'd go that defensive again at home. Will be another tough game. Must Win.

• Like 1

I went today and there wasn't much between the teams, but you just knew we weren't going to score without our two most creative players. 

There was no movement and no-one showing for the ball so we were totally predictable. Johnstone has been good for us lately, but he was poor today for both the goals and especially the second which was an old fashioned howler of Enkleman proportions. 

Bjarnason only looks any good in the holding role - he's out of his depth further up the pitch. One positive was Tuxanebe, who looks very solid indeed. Let's hope Jack and Albert return soon because we look clueless without them.

• Like 2

Are we not forgetting the utter shit mistake Johnstone made%? What the flipping hell was he doings? Jesus kick the ball out for a throw don’t do sicidal balks there. Onomah I am getting fed up with now does absolutely nothing. I don’t want us wasting 10m on him to be honest 

tuanzebe fir me motm. Bad day at office but matter of importance we bounce back against preston

Â