Weekends Football 16/18 Febuary/Midweek Football 19/21 Febuary

andykeenan

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

I actually physically jumped in the air and fist pumped when Rochdale scored. I don't know what came over me. 

So pleased for Rochdale to grab that last goal in the dying moments of the game. - That's the pitch paid itself atleast.

Hopefully Wembley fills for the replay and Spurs should donate the entire gate receipt proceeds to Rochdale rather than 50% each.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

No idea what Pep, Snake and Aguero are getting irate about, it was an uncontrolled tackle that could have done some serious damage, it was uncontrolled as Snake got up and had no idea where the ball had gone. Deffo straight red for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

It's never, ever a red card.  Appalling decision.  It's a clean tackle!

Red all day, wasn’t double footed or the worst tackle of all time or anything but it was reckless. Was lucky it didn’t do more damage.

Just now, Ingram85 said:

Red all day, wasn’t double footed or the worst tackle of all time or anything but it was reckless. Was lucky it didn’t do more damage.

Just no way.  Goes in with one foot, wins the ball - barely even catches the player.  I don't even think it's a foul! I have no idea why he changed his mind from a yellow card.

People want it to be a red because Delph/Man City/Pep, but I'd be fuming if a Villa player got sent off for that.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's gone in with his foot a foot off the ground, over the ball and reckless. If he'd kept his foot down and been going at the ball I think he'd have won the challenge, the decision to go over the ball isn't about winning it.

Every single challenge for a high ball with the foot = automatic red card, then?

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Every single challenge for a high ball with the foot = automatic red card, then?

If you go for the ball you get the ball, if you go over the ball it's to get the man.

I'm not a Delph hater, I'm a fan, at the end of the day he made us £8m because he felt he owed us something for sticking by him during his injuries and I believe he genuinely ummed and ahhhed about joining City. I have nothing against him - but that's a red card.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Just the ones that nearly snap the opposing players leg + nowhere near the ball.

You don't honestly think that Delph a] didn't win the ball and b] almost snapped the Wigan lads' leg there, do you?!

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You don't honestly think that Delph a] didn't win the ball and b] almost snapped the Wigan lads' leg there, do you?!

Anti Delph bias is an easy cop out, don’t stoop to such bollocks. It was reckless and uncontrolled. The point is that Delph had no idea if he broke his leg or not because it was reckless, Delph had no say in the outcome, it was down to luck. He didn’t get the ball, he went straight through the lad. It was a dangerous challenge. How you can say that was safe, fair and controlled I have no idea. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Â