Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

Bit gutted.  Faffed around waiting to see which of the kids could come with me to this and ended up missing out completely having been thinking about it for months.  Idiot.

Just go in the Neutral end. It will be all Villa anyway

We’ll stop winning eventually. 

A draw here would be a decent enough result given the form they’re in. A win would be excellent. 

We have every chance. Players will be full of confidence. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We’ll stop winning eventually. 

A draw here would be a decent enough result given the form they’re in. A win would be excellent. 

We have every chance. Players will be full of confidence. 

Hear what your saying. But honestly this run could go on. When we played Cardiff at Ninian Park in November 1974, we lost 3-1. I  was there and we were struggling in the lower half of the table.......we only lost 1 more game that season, on a mud pile at Leyton Orient. Got promoted 2nd just behind the Mancs. We were like a juggernaut, great days. Here’s hoping we do the same again.

• Like 4

On 11/2/2018 at 16:15, AVTuco said:

Just no. We'll win this too.

(Come Saturday I may have changed my mind, since I always shit my pants right before games)

That’s my weekly ritual. 

6 days before game - we have more than enough quality, it’ll be tough but we will get the 3 points.

4 days before game - they are in good form but we should be able to nick it 1-0

1 day before game - I’d definitely settle for a point from this

1 minute before game - ahhhhhh, why do I bother supporting villa, we are gonna lose 6 - nil and be miraculously relegated to the Azerbaijani 3rd division 

• Like 4

Id be tempted to try Axel at RB to deal with RS. Elmo got caught out a few times on Sunday and somehow I dont think we'll be let off the hook at Craven Cottage the way theyve been attacking teams during their good run.

The other question mark is BB back in for Jedinak. Mile put in a MOTM performance against Blues but this game will be different. Its good to see though that whoever comes in had performed lately.

Id probably go with:

Johnstone

Tuanzebe - Chester - Terry - Hutton

Jedinak

Snodgrass - Hourihane - Grealish - Adomah

Hogan

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wedge said:

I hate to be that guy folks but I do think (although it's not the end of the world) that this will be the end of our winning streak. Hopefully it's because we've drawn not lost!

I dunno - we came up against SHA who were equal 3rd in form over the previous 6 games and played them off the park.

I'm confident we can get a point.....

...and even sneak a win like we did against Sheffield Utd a couple of weeks ago.

On 2/13/2018 at 14:51, Sgl said:

That’s my weekly ritual. 

6 days before game - we have more than enough quality, it’ll be tough but we will get the 3 points.

4 days before game - they are in good form but we should be able to nick it 1-0

1 day before game - I’d definitely settle for a point from this

1 minute before game - ahhhhhh, why do I bother supporting villa, we are gonna lose 6 - nil and be miraculously relegated to the Azerbaijani 3rd division 

Such is my belief in today's Villa that I still, on Wednesday, believe we'll win clearly!

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Should we come away with all three points from Craven Cottage, it will be the first time we have done so since the 1974/75 campaign.

First time in my life then.

Can see Terry having them pumped up for this one.

Lets do it. Come on Villa.

Tricky game but weirdly confident about it.

• Like 1