• Grealish
    • Hogan
    • Grabben (Hogan 79)
    • Bjarnason (Grealish 84)
    • Whelan (Adomah 89)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/02/18 at 15:00

44 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

One of the images of our season was Steve Bruce crying after the first goal.  In the last two weeks his Mom has been hospitalised and his Dad has passed away, but today he got everything absolutely spot on.

When Sky showed this, I cried with him.  What a massive effort he's put into this football club.

20180211_140441.thumb.jpg.bce2275c65ab9a7cc272f5ede393e6cf.jpg

Yes, that was a very emotional moment.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Colin Calderwood just confirmed: "the ball doesn't know we've won seven in a row", so it's 50/50 if we win the next one still :P

Thanks Colin for clearing that argument up, might need to be quoted again for the next pre match thread, whatever it might be called

• Like 2

Probably the best performance I've seen Villa put in since i've been a member here. Played some great football and solid as a rock defensively. Looked every bit like a team who are going to gain automatic promotion. 

When I saw the team sheet I thought the manager got it wrong with the inclusion of Jedinak but he was absolutely immense today and its the best i've seen him play. Kudos to the manager for that.

Grealish put in the type of performance that truly belies the fee Man City were going to pay for Mahrez. Reminded me of Chris Waddle at his best and thats some compliment. Villa will need to go up to keep Jack and even then if he keeps playing like that Pep will take notice.

• Like 2

Was a bit  worried we were creating a fair few chances but not taking them. Then when Terry slipped over and they hit the post I actually started to relax a bit. In the past those chances always seemed to go against us but after that we really didn't look like conceding. 

Glad NDoye got a red at the end. Didn't look like he did much wrong there with Jedinak but he deserved a straight red earlier in the game for stomping in Grealish's leg. 

Can't go past Jack for man of the match, but Jedinak was just about the best I've seen him for some time. 

Only disappointment for me was not being at the game today, on holiday:( 

Mind you my son came home from Uni specially for the game. I think I brought him up properly.

• Like 3

Â