Winter Olympics PyeongChang 2018

sne

Not at all surprising that Anna Haag collapsed during the starting distance at the women's relay.

But at least she still has those big sponsor contracts that bring in money to the Swedish Skiing federation so I guess that's why she keeps on getting picked even thou she's utterly useless.

Kalla on the second leg fixed that thou. Amazing run by her.

Edited by sne

I think the short track skating just has far too high an element of randomness. She's clearly good at the sport, she's world champion, record holder, etc etc. She just seems to be competing in a stupid sport that has a ludicrous degree of chaos to it.

On 2/16/2018 at 03:54, VILLAMARV said:

hqdefault.jpg

x2 :)

and a little

Isabel%20Atkin%20Action%20July%202015%20

For all you Scandinavians and for context that's our 11th Gold medal...ever! and the first time a GB athlete has ever defended their title at the winter olympics, the first time we've ever had 2 athletes on the same podium (I think - and outside of team things like curling obvs) and the first time we've ever won 3 medals on 1 day at the winter games.

Happy days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Chindie said:

I think the short track skating just has far too high an element of randomness. She's clearly good at the sport, she's world champion, record holder, etc etc. She just seems to be competing in a stupid sport that has a ludicrous degree of chaos to it.

Spot on. Also worth pointing out that she was miles behind in the first race when she crashed, and the current fall was entirely her fault so any sympathy should go to the other racer.

On 2/17/2018 at 00:41, magnkarl said:

Thank god for HD cameras in the figure skating competition. It gives us rich imagery like;

ad126747874evgeni-plushenko.jpg?quality=

Or; 

hqdefault.jpg

Or; 

The-funny-faces-of-figure-skating-at-Soc

I mean, if you don't get aroused by this stuff you're bonkers. It's like putting ham in a plastic bag and slinging it around at about 10000g, nothing beats it.

Reminds me of Roxette front man Per Gessle

Bildresultat för per gessle

29 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

How the hell do you need performance enhancing drugs for bloody curling?  :lol:

I learned yesterday that the first confirmed doping in the Olympics was a Swede in 1968. A Pentathlete had two pints to calm him down before the archery and got caught for Ethanol :lol:

edit: it was pistol shooting

Edited by Tegis

Â