Villa vs Blues Memories

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I saw this article on the Guardian today, it’s a good read.

The Grdian

I was at the infamous 83 derby. It absolutely pissed down, which was quite apt considering all the madness that took place. What a tough City team that was. I don't think I've seen a more intimidating player than Noel Blake, never mind Mick Harford. As for Robert Hopkins, nothing but a nugget. He used to stroll round the city centre like he was the dog's bolloxs. My old pal Brittle put him in his place. By the way, that was some head butt on McMahon, I heard it from the Holte. 

Crazy days.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I was at the infamous 83 derby. It absolutely pissed down, which was quite apt considering all the madness that took place. What a tough City team that was. I don't think I've seen a more intimidating player than Noel Blake, never mind Mick Harford. As for Robert Hopkins, nothing but a nugget. He used to stroll round the city centre like he was the dog's bolloxs. My old pal Brittle put him in his place. By the way, that was some head butt on McMahon, I heard it from the Holte. 

Crazy days.

Is that Brittle ex C-Crew? 

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Who else ? Apparently, he's now running a bar in Spain. But, yeah, a good lad, who always stood his ground .

I've met him once.His arm was in plaster at the time. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

I was at the game when Dion got sent off. We can all watch the old footage of Dion head-butting Savage. But there was more to it. Dion had taken the ball off Savage and ran down the wing to cross the ball, it went out for a goal kick. Then Dion ran all the way back to just past the centre circle and kicked Savage into the air. I expected him to be sent off for that, Then Savage got up and was nutted back down dramatically .

Never did find out what was said between them

5-1 was great but I think 2006 was the better result considering the team we had playing. No Mellberg, Delaney, Laursen, Hendrie, Bouma, Angel starting that day and a lot of youth players in the team

Aston Villa: Sorensen, Hughes, Ridgewell, Cahill, Samuel, Milner (Agbonlahor 85), McCann, Davis (Gardner 24), Barry, Baros, Phillips (Angel 59).
Subs Not Used: Taylor, De la Cruz

On 11/02/2018 at 11:33, Zatman said:

5-1 was great but I think 2006 was the better result considering the team we had playing. No Mellberg, Delaney, Laursen, Hendrie, Bouma, Angel starting that day and a lot of youth players in the team

I will always remember the days before getting the team of twitter waiting to hear on WM if Mellberg had made it, and bricking it walking down thinking we had no chance with Cahill and RIdgewell.  If I remember right we were decent that first half and Sutton scored literally on half time. 

The 2-2 always stands out for me, for an hour we destroyed them, we were superb then the last half hour we were hanging on, and then Vassell on the half way line giving it straight back to them right on the half way line in stoppage time and the rest is history.  

Â