Lyngby (Danish football team)

Jesperchr

https://www.bt.dk/fodbold/se-billederne-sovende-engelsk-kaempe-paa-besoeg-i-danmark-forhandler-om-koeb-af

The English tradition club Aston Villa was in Lyngby on Monday afternoon to look at the conditions before a possible Superliga club purchase. 'Not for sale'. This was the word of the rescue team behind Lyngby Boldklub Sunday evening at 20 o'clock. 20 hours later, 'Friends of Lyngby' and the club's new director, Birger Jørgensen, sat at table with top management from the English tradition club Aston Villa. On the agenda: The Englishman's possible purchase of the Superliga club last week. At 16 o'clock monday afternoon, BT's photographer caught Aston Villa management and Birger Jørgensen on the way to the negotiating table at Lyngby Stadium. The Birmingham club, who has won the English championship seven times, had sent the very heavy shoot to Denmark. The club's director, Keith Wyness, was flanked by Finance Director Ian Hopson and Head of Commercial Affairs, Luke Organ. In addition, the Championship giant also had massive legal assistance with Denmark, where the English top management was shown around Lyngby's facility. BT's sources say that Aston Villas's plan with Lyngby is to take over the majority, while maintaining the new owner's circle at the table. If a purchase is made, Aston Villa will therefore have the controlling power, while at the same time drawing on the local connection and know-how that the newly acquired Investor Relations' Friends of Lyngby has. 

"We do not come to clean up, but to develop the club further, after local business people have done a good job. We believe that we can help develop and run the club better than it has been driven for some years, and it is, among other things, what we come to Denmark to be sure of. We still need to meet Lyngby's leadership face to face, and then we'll look closely at the finances before we say yes, "said Keith Wyness, Aston Villa director last week.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Villa, and the meeting, according to the owners "Friends of Lyngby", went well.

Lyngby Boldklub was completely out on the edge of the abyss, but at the last moment a group of local investors came to an end and lifted it away from the edge. But although the future of the club is financially secure, it is not necessarily clarified.

For more parties are still interested in buying into the Superliga club, including a group with former Brøndby chairman and FC Copenhagen shareholder Aldo Petersen at the forefront. Also other football clubs have reported their interest, and the other day were leading characters from Aston Villa visiting Lyngby.

Among other things, they were shown around at the club's facility, and they met with both 'Friends of Lyngby', as the new owners call themselves, and the local municipality. The meetings went well and the English left Denmark with the interest intact.

"We had a good meeting with Aston Villa management. We have shown them our Lyngby DNA both on the pitch and at powerpoint. They seemed interested in our club and they went home with a positive impression after their meeting with the municipality, too, says Friends of Lyngby spokesman Mads Byder to BT.

Byder confirms that there is "foreign interest from different sides", but does not want to mention any names. One side should be Club Brugge, as BT mentioned yesterday.

'Friends of Lyngby' entered Friday with the needed capital for the distressing club who had not paid their employees salary for January. The club was also organized by SKAT and could look forward to a meeting in court on Tuesday, where it risked being declared bankrupt.

https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/lyngby-ejere-aston-villa-virkede-interesserede-i-klubben

On 2/14/2018 at 23:47, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Because physical fitness and spelling ability aren't a prerequisite for being a good CEO of a football club tbh.

It’s more he doesn’t seem to be the sharpest tool in the box. I’m not slagging him off, more I just find it baffling that one can get that high up in the business world without being able to spell...fair dos to him, he knows how to get there and I don’t...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 14:45, Villan4Life said:

All gone very quiet with this?  Take it nothing more is happening ?

There was an article in the Danish papers on the 28th Feb, but it was basically quoting Wyness saying we are still interested and are meeting key people, there are some practical issues but won't comment on specifics at this point.

In slightly related news perhaps we can borrow this idea from another Danish club (Hobro IK)

hot-tub-650x650.jpg

Yes that it actually from a real league game against FC Köbenhavn

• Like 4

17 hours ago, sne said:

There was an article in the Danish papers on the 28th Feb, but it was basically quoting Wyness saying we are still interested and are meeting key people, there are some practical issues but won't comment on specifics at this point.

In slightly related news perhaps we can borrow this idea from another Danish club (Hobro IK)

hot-tub-650x650.jpg

I’m afraid you’d never be able to enjoy a game from a hot tub in the snow in the UK, it would be postponed!

Edited by villan-scott

22 hours ago, sne said:

hot-tub-650x650.jpg

The idea that we need to borrow...

...is it the hot tub for fans, or the all-white kit to be used when it snows?  :detect:

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Gone very quiet .... I know these things are complicated and take time but it seems to be becoming a trait.... Grand proclamations followed by silence and nothing.. not a criticism just an observation. 

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Gone very quiet .... I know these things are complicated and take time but it seems to be becoming a trait.... Grand proclamations followed by silence and nothing.. not a criticism just an observation. 

Sorry mate, you have missed the Lerner thread by a few years. If you are looking for positivity and endeavour, as well as a good feeling and forward thinking, you've come to the right place. 

11 hours ago, Dick said:

Sorry mate, you have missed the Lerner thread by a few years. If you are looking for positivity and endeavour, as well as a good feeling and forward thinking, you've come to the right place. 

You really do need to let go of your Lerner obsession mate .... You love to bring him uneccesarily  into the conversation. He came he saw he **** up... I get it... Move on ! 

Your right though in the respect that under our previous owner we had no plan after two seasons and missed and wasted a huge opportunity not putting something like this in place earlier and then neglecting the club. No denying that... let's hope Xia pull its off ! 

33 minutes ago, thabucks said:

You really do need to let go of your Lerner obsession mate .... You love to bring him uneccesarily  into the conversation. He came he saw he **** up... I get it... Move on ! 

Your right though in the respect that under our previous owner we had no plan after two seasons and missed and wasted a huge opportunity not putting something like this in place earlier and then neglecting the club. No denying that... let's hope Xia pull its off ! 

You spent ages defending Lerner, the man who took us to where we are. Yet Xia gets a lot of negativity from you, with a name like that... Are you connected to Lerner? Be upfront if you are, because I hold no anger against Lerner anymore, he was a man out of his depth who should never run a sports team ever again. So if you are linked, cool, I hope he is healthy and well and I am sure we all hope for a more prosperous future. 

• Haha 1

Â