2018-19 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

What's the answer to the bell question? I think the steelers will pay him silly money on a silly length contract but it asks what is a RB1 worth? Who was the last Super Bowl winning team carried by a RB? It's a passing league with a 2/3 man RB depth

great player but it sounds like a gamble to me

It’s not a gamble at all. Big ben’s probably got another couple years left in him and their back up is Landry Jones. They need a great RB. And anyway, he lines up in the slot/outside so much that the passing game element is irrelevant. Pay the man. 

The more I think about us trading for Alex Smith, the more I think it makes sense. Very similar, and with Cousins potentially becoming the most expensive QB when he hits free agency, I'd rather save the money on essentially the same player for a fraction of the cost. Just wish we weren't losing Fuller.

41 minutes ago, rjenkins said:

I know this is incredibly early, but in the interests of fun...

It's draft night... you're the Browns GM... You have two top five picks... What do you do?

As things stand...

Darnold and Barkley

If they signs Cousins then i'll have to revisit! 

15 hours ago, rjenkins said:

I know this is incredibly early, but in the interests of fun...

It's draft night... you're the Browns GM... You have two top five picks... What do you do?

Barkley and then the best QB left

5 hours ago, Tegis said:

Barkley and then the best QB left

Yep, there's no way Barkley is still on the board after giants and colts, giants might go with a QB but they won't both pass on him, there is more of a chance that darnold is still there at 4th if they don't take him 1st

Edited by villa4europe

get the QB they want! Then go for Barkley if he is still there, Chubb if he is not. Possibly entertain the idea of trading up with colts to get Barkley. Colts need Chubb as much as they need Barkley and maybe they could get an additional pick by letting the Browns pick the one they want

Â