2018-19 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

Love stuff like that. Politics in moving a franchise etc.

Have you seen 30 for 30 From Elway to Marino ?  It's one of the better ones . 

Also "The Carter Effect" (NBA I know but I'm typing now) It's on Netflix .

• Like 1

Chargers have a key player injured and need a new kicker...de ja vu...

Derwin James became the 1st DB to get 3 sacks in his first 4 games, if they get bosa back, play nwosu more and then have bosa, ingram and james blitzing the defence should be top 5, at the moment you can see the pieces but they arent falling in to place, huge reliance on gordon too

On 22/09/2018 at 11:05, Xela said:

Wildly early to predict but I'm going for Jags v Rams for the Superbowl this season

I got 18-1 on the Rams so I'd be happy with that ..long as Jags don't spoil the party as it's win only , not EW

saw an interesting moan from melvin gordon yesterday, the ticket prices at the stub hub are stopping chargers fans from being more interested than the away fans 

ticket prices are the highest in the NFL, $200 - 300 a game, add to the that the highest food / drink prices and the highest parking (i think its $75!) they arent interested in driving up from san diego and paying those prices, or being a regular fan based in LA, add to that its obviously now got the reputation as being easy to get away tickets and LA being a melting pot full of other teams fans and LA being a tourist destination they simply cant compete with the daytrippers who are willing to pay those prices as a one and done

its not the stadium its the greed from the attempt to make up the difference in the match day sales

How easy is it to get tickets for an NFL game in the US? Say if I was in Cleveland or Baltimore for a weekend? Is it easy or do I have no chance?

2 hours ago, Xela said:

How easy is it to get tickets for an NFL game in the US? Say if I was in Cleveland or Baltimore for a weekend? Is it easy or do I have no chance?

from my experience of buying basketball tickets and playing with the idea of NFL games before its all resales, it looks and feels weird but its the system they all seem to have and seems legit, means that the ticket prices are all over the place though, browns i would have thought would be fairly easy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tegis said:

Just saw that Paul Allen kicked the bucket :( How's the ownership setup at the Hawks @StefanAVFC?

Yes, saw the news this morning :( Desperately sad. He was in remission and it came back.

In terms of ownership, I'm not actually sure. Paul Allen wasn't heavily involved other than providing the cash, and attending the odd game especially with his illness.

Not even the Seattle Times really knows.

Â