2018-19 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

Well, season over :( Long summer coming up.

New year, new news thread.

Jimmy Garoppolo moving closer toward 49ers deal

MINNEAPOLIS -- While Jimmy Garoppolo's former team plays in Super Bowl LII, the 49ers quarterback is moving closer toward cashing in with his new team.

Long-term contract extension negotiations between Garoppolo and the 49ers have gained significant momentum, and a deal could get done in the near future, sources informed of the situation said

The lucrative, multi-year contract would mark the completion of a whirlwind process that began when he was surprisingly traded from the Patriots to San Francisco before eventually embarking on a stunning five-game win streak. The Niners wanted him as their franchise quarterback and his play warranted the investment that's coming.

There is work to be done over the next several days, but sources said the optimism coming from the organization has been warranted.

The deal is expected to pay Garoppolo in the upper echelon of NFL QBs.

In Mobile, Alabama, for the Senior Bowl, general manager John Lynch sounded like talks on Garoppolo's long-term future with the team were heading in the right direction.

"When you find the right guy at that position, it's really good for your franchise," Lynch said. "We believe we've found the right guy. Now the challenge is getting Jimmy signed. We're working hard towards that. We'll see. I think he wants to be with us and we want him there. I think it makes too much sense not to happen. So it's just a matter of getting it done."

Garoppolo was replaced by Brian Hoyer as Tom Brady's backup. One coach who spent plenty of time with Garoppolo was Pats assistant QB coach Jerry Schuplinski, who was not surprised to see Jimmy G's success in San Francisco.

"Just like every other quarterback when they come back, I want to find out what their makeup is," Schuplinski said. "Do they want to win, do they want to work hard? Do they want to put in the time? In Jimmy, I saw a guy who learned what he needed to do, had a great mentor in Tom, you could just see him get better and better and better. So, no, I'm not surprised. I'm proud of him. I want him to do well."

Edited by Tegis

Alex Smith has gone to Redskins

Cousins will be up for grabs. Broncos, Jags or Browns?

Will Foles move on?

Who will the Vikings choose as starter at QB next season? 

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Alex Smith has gone to Redskins

Cousins will be up for grabs. Broncos, Jags or Browns?

Will Foles move on?

Who will the Vikings choose as starter at QB next season? 

I doubt Jax will be making any splash FA signings . We finally have some decent players who will need paying soon. I'm good with BB5  for another season and drafting either Jackson, Mayfield , Falk, Rudolph,Litton, Benkert or Lauletta.

11 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Random capital letters in the title 2 years running. 

Nice work Mik.

I have no idea what you are talking about..........

13 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

My prediction is Rosen will be a huge flop.

His team mates have hated him at every level.

Bad news for Giants!

46 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Openly stated he'd never go to Cleveland.

Big red flag for a lot of FO's right there.

Yeah seems a bit of a big head. Like you said, teammates not massively keen on him. 

Interesting to see where all the QB drafts fall. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah seems a bit of a big head. Like you said, teammates not massively keen on him. 

Interesting to see where all the QB drafts fall. 

Next season's QB watch will be fascinating.

Watson and Luck are back.

Mahomes is going to tear it up.

Jimmy G looks legit.

Foles has to move .

Vikings have 3 starters.

NE have no back up. 

McCarron and Glennon could move .

Trubisky gets the keys.

Goff and Wentz getting better.

Could be the last season for any number of Brady , Brees , Rivers, Ben and Manning.

Plus whatever the rookies bring to the table.

• Like 1

give me rosen over darnold. I like both but I think rosen could be really good. 

5 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Openly stated he'd never go to Cleveland.

Big red flag for a lot of FO's right there.

i don't think he ever openly stated it, did he? as far as I'm aware, it was just a rumour. no-one wants to go to cleveland anyways lets be honest, and if they say they do, they're lying. :lol:

Edited by abdomlahor

27 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

give me rosen over darnold. I like both but I think rosen could be really good. 

i don't think he ever openly stated it, did he? as far as I'm aware, it was just a rumour. no-one wants to go to cleveland anyways lets be honest, and if they say they do, they're lying. :lol:

l would be over the moon if you took Rosen at 2 .

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

So who do people think the Saints will be playing in the Super bowl next year ? :)

Browns or Dolphins :P

Â