Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I doubt it. Can't imagine there's too much difficulty in making a shirt like that with only two colours.

True, and we've had a similar kit in the recent past.

The badge would be the big difference there I imagine

On 3/23/2018 at 20:58, Demitri_C said:

20180323_215312.png

Think this is a very nice template to work from, adjusting for the issues that @NurembergVillan brings up. 

The only things I don't like about them is the Championship badges on the sleeves and those silly little toilet men on the numbers.

Hopefully they won't be present come next season :)

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

It does and it doesn't.

In terms of rules and regulations, and ease of manufacture, it's ok.

But in order to facilitate the v-neck they've massively shrink the UA logo to sit under it. There's no way a brand is paying all that cash to not have a 20-25cm.sq. logo. Especially when they don't use sleeve branding.

The full size logo would push everything down, which might out the sponsor logo too low for the rules. It might also annoy the sponsor, who want it to be prominent. In-person it'd look horrible having a sponsor across the stomach instead of mid-chest too.

So that just leaves the crest. No issues per se, but the club would have to register that as a crest with the relevant competitions and authorities. And probably the IPO here too.

So "in theory" you could make it, but in reality it would never happen.

Put the crest and brand logo either side of the chest, though, and you might be onto something.

Thanks for explaining that

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

The men won't be going anywhere. They are there to promote awareness of prostate cancer and are a great idea/contribution by the football league.  

Aha, them I'm absolutely fine with them.

Thought it was something to do with the Championship.

• Like 1

Good ol’ Deadly. Juninho and Robbie Keane in his prime still haunt me. 

Have you still got the old design images anywhere? Obviously if you don’t want to share I understand as they are your private images but I’d love to see villa kits designed by a professional who is also a villa fan.

Any interest in creating a few modern mock ups?

On 3/28/2018 at 09:43, Ingram85 said:

Good ol’ Deadly. Juninho and Robbie Keane in his prime still haunt me. 

Have you still got the old design images anywhere? Obviously if you don’t want to share I understand as they are your private images but I’d love to see villa kits designed by a professional who is also a villa fan.

Any interest in creating a few modern mock ups?

At some stage I'll have a crack at something modern. Would be fun.

The ones I worked up were back in 2004, and based off this template.  Claret body, blue sleeves and white details where here it's blue.

czech.jpg

• Like 1

Under Armour has had a major IT breach and hackers have gained access to 150 million user accounts of their fitness app.

Doesn't really concern us I think but their stock has plummeted, still doing great for the whole year thou.

Under Armour Inc., joining a growing list of corporate victims of hacker attacks, said about 150 million user accounts tied to its MyFitnessPal nutrition-tracking app were breached earlier this year.

An unauthorized party stole data from the accounts in late February, Under Armour said on Thursday. It became aware of the breach earlier this week and took steps to alert users about the incident, the company said.

Shares of Under Armour fell as much as 4.6 percent to $15.59 in late trading following the announcement. The stock had been up 13 percent this year through Thursday’s close.

The data didn’t include payment-card information or government-issued identifiers, including Social Security numbers and driver’s license numbers. Still, user names, email addresses and password data were taken. And the sheer scope of the attack — affecting a user base that’s bigger than the population of Japan — would make it one of the larger breaches on record.

“Email addresses are valuable for spammers because the attackers would know that active, real users are behind these addresses,” said Engin Kirda, a professor at Northeastern University in Boston. “The dark web is usually where data like this is sold to the highest bidder.”

Boeing Breach

Under Armour’s announcement comes a day after Boeing Co. said it was hit by a cyberattack. In that case, malicious software affected “a small number of systems,” the airplane manufacturer said on Wednesday.

Read More: When Bad Cybersecurity News Is Better Than You Think

The MyFitnessPal mobile app lets people track their calorie intake, diet and exercise routines. Under Armour agreed to buy the software in 2015, part of a bid to become the world’s biggest tracker of fitness information. The idea was to expand upon the company’s roots in athletic apparel and accessories.

Now the Baltimore-based company is grappling with the downside of owning a data-centric business. Under Armour has enlisted security firms to help with its investigation and is working with law enforcement to resolve the matter.

The company has been sending emails and in-app messages to users to alert them to the attack. It’s urging customers to change their passwords immediately.

http://fortune.com/2018/03/29/myfitnesspal-password-under-armour-data-breach/

Could they've not have leaked our new kit's while they're at it...

On 3/29/2018 at 13:06, NurembergVillan said:

At some stage I'll have a crack at something modern. Would be fun.

The ones I worked up were back in 2004, and based off this template.  Claret body, blue sleeves and white details where here it's blue.

czech.jpg

That was an exciting team in that tournament. One of my favourites in the last 20 years. That game with Holland was an absolute classic.

World Cup 2002 - Euro 2008 was a legendary run of tournaments.

• Like 1

Aston Villa can confirm that the club and its technical partner, Under Armour, have mutually decided to end their relationship.

The global sports apparel and footwear brand has provided performance matchday kits and training wear for Aston Villa for the past two seasons.

The club would like to thank Under Armour for their support over the past two years and would like to wish them all the best for the future.

An announcement on a new technical partner will follow in due course.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/04/06/aston-villa-under-armour-announcement

A shame as the last few kits have been some of the best we have had in recent years.

Shame, I've been really happy with Under Armour's kits. I wonder what the issue was.

If we want a proper deal with a big manufacturer we'd probably need to hold off until we know whether we'll be promoted, which would mean another season where the kits are released at the last possible minute.

I'd heard a few weeks ago that UA have been trying to negotiate their way out of the deal since the back end of last season when when it became apparent we weren't going straight back up.

I can't say I remember something like this happening between a big club and a big brand in the past.

• Like 1

Â