Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burton

limpid

Match Polls  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/18 at 15:00

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we saw the good bad and ugly of Villa all in one game. 

Firstly credit to Burton. They really tried to play just lacked quality. First 20 minutes we were poor and sloppy. 

The goal was quality and after that we played some really good stuff at times. Superb one touch football. 

Grealish was good as always and delighted he got his goal. Albert was much better and the player we know he can be. 

Now this is the baffling part. We are in complete control of a game and you take of 2 of the best players off so early in the game and totally change the dynamics of the team.

This along with a ridiculous decision by the ref and of a course a howler of an own goal let them back in the game. 

Credit to Elmo for keeping his head and making the goal. 

Finally Grealish motm is too easy. I think apart the mistake which they should have had a penalty for I Thor was superb and my motm. He was absolutely everywhere and really does give so much energy to the team. 

Well done on the three points. 

Credit to Elmo for the cross for the goal too......but a turkey for giving their no 2 Braysford the freedom of the park.....he was trying to feed Dyer all through the second half and Elmo just stood off and allowed him to do it....even Axel was indicating fir him to close him down, it was dim witted football.

I think he took off Adomah and Snodgrass to give them a rest and give the new lads some game time.....we have 16 games left thats how it works at times.

Fans don't always understand energy levels....managers usually do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Credit to Elmo for the cross for the goal too......but a turkey for giving their no 2 Braysford the freedom of the park.....he was trying to feed Dyer all through the second half and Elmo just stood off and allowed him to do it....even Axel was indicating fir him to close him down, it was dim witted football.

I think he took off Adomah and Snodgrass to give them a rest and give the new lads some game time.....we have 16 games left thats how it works at times.

Fans don't always understand energy levels....managers usually do.

If it was purely for energy levels an extra 10 minutes for the pair was hardly going to ruin them for the next 16 games. 

However I have since heard they were both carrying injuries so i understand the changes. 

16 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Does Facey McFaceface have a name sidcow?

I just call him the footy head man. 

However to partially steal yours I'm happy to call him Facey McFootballface. 

Not sure if I have ever posted this one before but he spent so much time with his sad face showing when we were relegated that it didn't quite seem enough so I ended up putting him upside down in my Fuengirola foot ashtray 

14766080614851698134254-1.jpg.fa8da6c43557bdf1bf68bb7ec5dd02f1.jpg

I'm so pleased that I seem to be the polar opposite now with his inane grin lightning up my otherwise dull working life every day at the moment. 

Did we see the down side to our loan policy at about 65 minutes today? Bruce making a double substitution in a game that was ‘won’ bringing on two loan signings who probably have minimum games/minutes clauses in their contracts?

I thought that was a pretty bizarre decision which badly upset the balance of the team, so I’m wondering if there was more to it...or just a snafu from Brucey? <_< Hope I am wrong! 

Good performance and win otherwise!

Edited by mikeyjavfc

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If it was purely for energy levels an extra 10 minutes for the pair was hardly going to ruin them for the next 16 games. 

However I have since heard they were both carrying injuries so i understand the changes. 

Well i didn't know that either, so I was just speculating.....but,I just tend to support the manager, when I am unsure.

I guess 6 wins on the bounce, helps me do that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

^ which is precisely why a winger should have been on the bench, rather than 4 people who can play central midfield.

What if Adomah or Snodgrass got injured in the first 10 minutes instead? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

its down to Agnew you know? ;)

Oh really.......now I know.;)

was Calderwood sick all week then, for those 2 poor goals.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, AVTuco said:

An easy win made unnecessarily difficult by our full backs. Unfortunately this was not the kind of win that carries over confidence to the next game. 

Snodgrass MotM.

In what way did our fullbacks make it difficult?

9 minutes ago, Junxs said:

^ which is precisely why a winger should have been on the bench, rather than 4 people who can play central midfield.

What if Adomah or Snodgrass got injured in the first 10 minutes instead? 

Personally, I didn't think much of the centre midfield today.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Personally, I didn't think much of the centre midfield today.

I thought Bjarnason was good, he's not exactly a world beater but the defensive work he was doing and the effort he puts in to being in space to give an easy out ball for who' in possession was notable especially first half.

The whole team was more off than on today, when we were on though we played some very good stuff, the goal especially typifies how we have improved and how much things have changed over the last couple of months.

• Like 2

A fairly regular home win apart from a awful ref and a coupe of sloppy goals. We also should have a pen to make it 3-0, being Villa we soon made it 2-1.  I have no idea  why Bruce  put Tuanzebe at right back and then shoving Elmo in midfield, it made us a lot more open. If he wanted to give the lad some match time he should have done a straight swap with Hourihane who didn't have a great game today.  Anyway we got away with it but took some of the shine off the win. Snoddy was good again today along with Grealish. Loved the goal and celebration with Terry. 33,000 was a excellent gate, we are moving in the right direction. Bring on the blues. 

• Like 1

I don't think Tuanzabe went to right back, I think he was the right sided of three centre backs - I think he looked a little more like a right back because Elmohamady took the opportunity to get the other side of Dyer and make him Tuanzabe's responsibility.

Â