Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Burton

limpid

Match Polls  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/18 at 15:00

19 hours ago, chappy said:

First time in my life that we’ve won 6 in a row and I’m almost 28! Missed out on the last time by a couple of months. 

Weird game really as it was a very comfortable win that we almost screwed up through a comedy OG and JT having a one man game of musical statues at the end.

Could’ve gone for any of Grealish, Snodgrass and Adomah for MOTM but went for Snoddy - what a signing he has been. Our good form coincides with Jack coming back into the team from injury and showing the promise that we all hoped for. I feel that Snod has really upped his game in the same period - quality players bouncing off each other.

No problem with the substitutions as we were in total control when he made them. I haven’t been able to see the Grealish booking again (does anyone have a replay?) but I haven’t seen our players that incensed by a refereeing decision in a long time. The OG followed quickly after and that passage of play made the tactical subs look bad. If we’d had a pen and gone 3-0 up Bruce would’ve been praised for resting key men ahead of the derby.

K6 was busier than I’ve seen it in years yesterday. Thought the atmosphere in the ground was a bit flat overall though, maybe people thought it was a foregone conclusion?

To finish on a positive... our first goal was absolutely beautiful! Bring on the blues.

great last point, im actually surprised there hasn't been more plaudits on that goal on here.  You'd be very hard pressed to see a better team goal than that all year! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tinker said:

Did enough, just about. Ref was very bad, got decisions wrong for both teams. 

You got that right. I watched the first half last night. That ref (and the entire officiating team) were genuinely biased against us. I mean, awful. I am convinced they got at least 1 and probably two of the offsides calls wrong as well.

Also that team goal reminded me of the one we did under MON down the left hand side of the pitch. I can't find the gif for it though. Was beautiful. I think someone captioned it with 'Aston Villa. Better than your team' or something.

On 03/02/2018 at 17:18, praisedmambo said:

As much as I didn't like the substitutions, I don't think you can say the subs made any real difference to our threat or our defensiveness. After the subs we scored a great goal with one player further forwards setting it up who had previously been in defence. 

Basically, I don't agree at all. I think Elmohamady nailing the ball into the top corner for no reason almost cost us a win if you want to be picky. 

Having said that, I think they were the wrong substitutions. I'd have taken Hogan off without a doubt. He might be scoring but he really doesn't do anything else whatsoever. I'm no fan.

Did you not see him the whole 90 minutes totally harassing their back line closing them down constantly? He offered so much more than just the goal in another game where we ended up hoofing it aimlessly up. 

• Like 1

Â