The Most Difficult Game You've Finished/Completed?

Xann

5 minutes ago, Xann said:

The follow up was the at the time very beautiful Flashback, which played as well as it looked.

I did not even know there was a second game! Is it as ridiculously hard as another world was? 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I did not even know there was a second game! Is it as ridiculously hard as another world was? 

Only played AW at work, so really didn't get the time to get into it. A fleeting memory of fleeing from a massive energy ray as it melted through blast doors behind you is all I remember!

I'm not sure it was as hard tbh Dem.

Finished Flashback and was disappointed - Disappointed in the same way as getting to the end of a book you loved and really didn't want to finish.

10 minutes ago, Xann said:

Only played AW at work, so really didn't get the time to get into it. A fleeting memory of fleeing from a massive energy ray as it melted through blast doors behind you is all I remember!

I'm not sure it was as hard tbh Dem.

Finished Flashback and was disappointed - Disappointed in the same way as getting to the end of a book you loved and really didn't want to finish.

i remember when i first played the game i was  a young kid and when that ogre creature starts chasing you was absolutely bricking it! the furthest i ahve got is 3rd level, its just ridiculous how hard that game is

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I suggets you all try this game (if you have  a snes) its a game called another world. OMG even after all these years i still try it now and again and its just as impossible. it is seriously hard. if you like a challenge try this

Finished that a few times years ago on my Amiga.

As Xann says the sequel Flashback was a fantastic game for its time.

40 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Finished that a few times years ago on my Amiga.

As Xann says the sequel Flashback was a fantastic game for its time.

I am very impressed if you did, if the amiga version is as tough as the snes one. i know some ultra gamers and none of them have ever been able to get close to completing it 

• Like 1

Hardest game ever completed?

'I Wanna Be The Boshy', 'Wings of Vi', 'Super Meat Boy', 'Dark Souls 1, 2, 3', 'Demon's Souls', 'Bloodborne', 'Ninja Gaiden Black' and 'Nioh'.

I typically make a habit of only seeking out the hardest of games as I fail to motivate myself if my dick isn't getting minced by a game. The hardest of the above is 'I Wanna Be The Boshy' by a massive massive margin.

Growing up in the 70's/80's everything was damn hard and some of the arcade games (in particular the later 4 player stuff like simpsons/turtles) were just designed to kill you very quickly in order to keep you pumping in the money. You could complete them if you put in enough cash but it would quite literrally impossibe to do it on 1 credit. Stuff like ghouls n ghosts & contra are the obvious standouts i guess but they were sightly easier on the home versions (c64) but many of the side scrollers were incredibly difficult. Some others are impossible mission & green beret. More recently i guess i did the ninja gaiden games on xbox/360 on master ninja and that took some swearing.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I am very impressed if you did, if the amiga version is as tough as the snes one. i know some ultra gamers and none of them have ever been able to get close to completing it 

Another world is easy enough, recently ran through it on the xbox one and remembered everything from the amiga days. Only took an hour and a half. Stuff like prince of persia from around the same time was far more difficult

• Like 1

Thought of another one. 

Battletoads vs Double Dragon on the NES. 

Brilliant game. And not THAT hard in terms of gameplay, but no saves and a limited number of lives meant I could never complete it. Ever. Must have tried for a decade, no joke. 

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Thought of another one. 

Battletoads vs Double Dragon on the NES. 

Brilliant game. And not THAT hard in terms of gameplay, but no saves and a limited number of lives meant I could never complete it. Ever. Must have tried for a decade, no joke. 

heh unlike the original  double dragon arcade machine.

1. put in 10p coin

2. press start

3. learn "elbow" move

4. repeat "elbow" move for 25 minutes until game is completed, remember to scroll the screen before any required jumps & don't fall down any holes along the way

• Like 1

One that I've started playing with my SNES Classic is Contra 3.  Impossible to even progress beyond a single level without the new save point mechanism. Mind you, I play 2 players with my brother which might make it slightly more difficult...but it's just ridiculous. 

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The original TMNT game on the NES. Just unnecessarily hard. I had to become an adult to beat that underwater level. Come to find out that's not even the close to the end of the game. There are other worlds left wtf!

Had one for Sega that I doubt was as hard but damn, the memories!

• Like 1

Â