Games like Far cry

Vive_La_Villa

As mentioned in a different thread, I've lost all patience for games apart from Far Cry 3 and 4 which I was able to play to the end. Couldn't get in to Primal though. 

Are there any other games out there they you feel are very similar to Fry cry? I tried Hitman which is stealth but didn't have the same appeal. 

Is Assassins creed similar? 

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

What do you like about Far Cry?

There's lots of games that have some similar systems, but not that many that outright play exactly like Far Cry.

There's a new Far Cry out soon.

I like the stealth side of it. I like how you can have side missions like liberating posts and killing animals to increase pack size etc. 

Maybe I just gave it a chance more than other games. 

Yes cant wait for far cry 5. 

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Will check out just cause and Dying light 

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like the stealth side of it. I like how you can have side missions like liberating posts and killing animals to increase pack size etc.

You could say this exact thing for Horizon. You need to try it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe I just gave it a chance more than other games. 

Yes cant wait for far cry 5. 

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Will check out just cause and Dying light 

Assassin's Creed has a very similar framework, and the latest game, Origins, has the same hunting mechanic, although the wildlife isn't as diverse as Far Cry has had. 

Horizon Zero Dawn is basically Assassin's Creed with post apocalyptic setting and some of the systems scaled back. Hunting is very important, just that it's robot animals and larger ones take some time to kill. You take on some enemy camps and again, approach how you like.

MGS5 has similar open world approach to missions, where you can choose how you take an outpost or complete a mission - be stealthy or guns blazing, and anywhere between. It has a different framework to Far Cry, you have a base and you effectively 'load' a mission then load the open world with that mission in place. You do have a big upgrade system but it works differently to Far Cry's. The upgrade system gets quite getting weird with the things it gives you but these let you be very creative.

Just Cause gives you a massive world and largely gives you missions requiring to destroy bits of towns over and over while the enemy tries to stop you. In 3 you also have a cool traversal system where you basically use a combination on a grappling hook, wing suit and parachute to almost fly. And you can steal any vehicle, even in midair. You also use the grappling hook to tie things together which you can be quite creative with. The game isn't deep though.

Obviously none of these are first person shooters. The only ones of those I think that comes close to following the Far Cry system is Homefront Revolution, but to my knowledge that doesn't have the hunting system and was criticised at launch for being technically a mess.

Most open world games are going to have some elements of Far Cry's systems. Most of them now let you have some flexibility in approaching missions, side missions etc.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As mentioned in a different thread, I've lost all patience for games apart from Far Cry 3 and 4 which I was able to play to the end. Couldn't get in to Primal though. 

Are there any other games out there they you feel are very similar to Fry cry? I tried Hitman which is stealth but didn't have the same appeal. 

Is Assassins creed similar? 

Just to please you. Farcry 3 classic edition (remastered i guess) is part of the Farcry 5 season pass if you fancy playing through it again. Season pass price not yet announced but it comes with the £70 gold edition of the game)

Much like you i tend to put more time into farcry than anything else lately always 100% completing them and doing all the DLC.

As others have mentioned Dying light is worth a look, Just cause is good but get's a bit dull. A few of the orher ubisoft games use pretty much the same style of open world exploration & base attacks (ghost recon wildlands, assassins creed, watch dogs)

Other than that the last 2 tomb raider games are pretty much farcry with a lara croft skin and a few puzzles thrown in, Many a time i actually forgot i was playing tomb raider rather than farcry, especially on the first one, Metal gear solid 5 is well worth a look but drags on a bit towards the end and if you have missed them in the past then the Crysis games, Red faction Geurrilla & mercenaries are all enjoyable

UaczoJz.jpg

Ubisoft has revealed that Far Cry 3 Classic Edition will be coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this summer, available early to Far Cry 5 Season Pass holders. In the Far Cry 5 Season Pass (pricing yet to be announced), you'll get three add-on chapters, taking you to Vietnam, Mars and a B-movie homaging chapter featuring zombies.

Hour of Darkness sees players travelling back in time to Vietnam to battle Viet Cong troops, while Dead Living Zombies has you facing hordes of the undead in a number of B-movie scenarios. The final Season Pass expansion will be Lost on Mars, in which you leave Earth to take on hostile Martian arachnids.

Also included with the Far Cry 5 Season Pass is Far Cry 3 Classic Edition, which features all of the original game's single-player content. Season Pass owners will have access to Far Cry 3 Classic Edition four weeks early, before it's released as a standalone download for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in summer 2018.

The Far Cry 5 Season Pass will be available to purchase alone or as part of the Far Cry 5 Gold Edition, due to release on 27th March 2018

https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-29091-Far-Cry-3-Classic-Edition-Revealed--Available-Early-With-the-Far-Cry-5-Season-Pass.html

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Not long until Farcry 5 now and they have just announced Farcry arcade, An inbuilt map editior with thousands of assets from previous farcry games along with bits from other ubisoft games.

Far Cry Arcade is Far Cry 5's map editor mode, and it's bigger, more versatile, and more packed with content than it's been at any point in the series' past. The first Far Cry map editor to enable players to create their own solo, co-op, and PvP levels, Far Cry Arcade is a chance for players to crack open the game and use its assets to build their own customized adventures and experiences. Far Cry Arcade's goal is to make these custom maps as accessible as the campaign, and one way to accomplish that is to integrate them directly into Hope County – and your character's progression.

Walk up to an arcade machine in a bar, for example, and you can jump straight into Far Cry Arcade, check out the latest user-created levels  (which will be curated by the developers), and start playing. You'll visit these worlds as the same custom deputy you play in the campaign, and any experience points, perks, or money you earn while playing will cross over into the campaign when you're done. (And no, that doesn't mean you can just create a "level" filled with cash and make yourself rich.)

Another part of what sets Far Cry Arcade apart is the sheer volume of available items and options for players to experiment with while building levels, says Davies. "It's a huge range of stuff, much more than we ever had in Far Cry 4. In total, it's about 7,000 objects," he says. Your creations won't be limited to the buildings, vehicles, and weaponry you'd find in Hope County, either; Far Cry Arcade will include assets from Far Cry 4 (including yetis) and Far Cry Primal, as well as Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Assassin's Creed Unity, and Watch Dogs. And as post launch content for Far Cry 5 is released, those assets will be added to Far Cry Arcade as well, letting you get creative with Vietnamese jungles, Martian arachnids, and zombies.

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/far-cry-arcade-dramatically-expands-far-cry-5s-map-editor

Â